• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Onan 12.5 Civilian model

Keith_J

Awe, shucks! If you have small fingers, you can pull the control lever assembly out without pulling the pump. You need a dental mirror to get it back together. Had the same problem with my 002A. The fuel was like wood stain. I used Pro Shot Copper Solvent IV on that part as it is more aggressive than Berryman B12. And it could be rinsed.

If you can get the pump's gear indexed to the cam gear, timing should be fine as it is only based on the thickness of the shims and button. Not changing any of these means timing is fine. The distributor function has a good "window" but you still need to get it perfect.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The control lever worked fine, it was the plunger that would stick at the top of the stroke. I know now that the pump internals are spotless at least.

As for the injectors. I just went ahead and purchased a set of new nozzles off ebay for $24.50 each. Hopefully that will get this thing back into shape. I had been talking to a few members here about some unknown takeouts (Thanks Jerry!), but for a little more, why not have rebuilt ones.

Hope to have this thing buttoned up and running before we get any snow/ice storms. It's loaded now on my M105 trailer and the tarp is over it. I'm going to get some flex exhaust pipe to just drape that over the side when it's running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks