• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One deuce, three M105s, one trip?

tvoss

Won 3 trailers. Just wondering if it is possible to get them with a deuce in 1 trip safely. No double towing. Maybe fit 2 in the back of the deuce sideways or something?

Probably going to make 2 trips, just wanted to see if anyone has done something like this before.

srodocker

you can put 1 in the truck the stack 1 m105 upside down on the towing one i believe...i havent done it but i think i've seen it before on here....

Alredneck

Banned
Im going to have to get some measurements off the ones I picked up for another SS member, and get back with ya. With the deuce bed being 12 ft long its close but im more worried about the trailer axle width. Hmmmmm

Srodocker makes a good point in his other thread.

armytruck63

Maybe you can drag the one M105 into the deuce bed at a slight angle if the trailer axle won't go in straight. There will be some sliding and scraping.

Josh

there is about 5 inches of play between the width of the deuce bed and the 105 axle. Just ask the PNW rally guys, I had 3 105 axles in the bed.

pittdog

No man! .... get a flat bed !... If you had a 5ton.. with the lunet hookups , you can tow 3 each ! got it! USA Ret .... 52-d.. 63-b Plus ect...! you can PM me

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow srodockers way. You can put little stakes where the racks go and stack the top trailer inverted, they stack like legos. That easily puts 2 trailers behind you. Load the 3rd one in the bed.....backward! You can load them with the tires on but I always remove the tires. When you strap it down, use plenty of strap. I weave at least 2 straps under the tailgate and around the axle of the trailer so that I can make SURE that it doesn't slide forward in a crisis brake incident. Throw a few more straps in various places and I always throw one over top of the trailer to prevent it from jumping up. This will get you 3 M105s home with one deuce!

I second the method recommended by recovry4x4. It is the easier and safest way to haul three. Just make sure you use the pegs. that keeps anything from sliding and twisting. Also I would recommend taking the tires off the trailer that is turned up side down to keep in height down if for nothing other than to draw less attention to yourself.

Barrman

Pulling the troop seats makes it easier to put the 105 in a M35 bed. You can do it with the troop seats in, but it is a close thing.

armytruck63

I agree with Recovry4X4 on loading the trailer in the bed backwards. I load my Mule in the deuce this direction. I don't want the foot basket ramming into the cab (or me) if the Mule breaks loose in a panic stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks