• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One more detail and shes DONE!!

Nick

Ive considered myself pretty lucky so far. No injuries on the trailer and only a smashed finger and a few minor cuts on the truck so far. Nothing requiring hospital or stitches.

Thanks for the compliments. Its always nice to hear stuff like that from people that have alot more experience in this stuff than i do.

My avatar picture is my fire engine I work on. Its a 2007 International. Our Department, CAL FIRE, calls it a model 34.

Thanks again for the compliments. Hope the pics provide some incentive

Nick

Nick

Nick,

THANK YOU SIR for sharing this work. I have an M101A1 and an M101A2 that I need to refinish. At least the A1. The A2 is in pretty fair shape.

Two years ago I was cutting bows. On the last bow, the last cut, my table saw 'grabbed' the wood and shot it back into my leg. It bounced off my right leg, leaving a nice square bruise, and bounced forward across the blade.

I AM ANAL ABOUT SAFETY. I don't wear one pair of glove. I wear two. I wear a pair of flexible mechanix type gloves. Over that is a heavy pair of leather work gloves. Yes, I WAS using a push bar. I ALWAYS use a push bar. did NOT matter. It happened so quick, I'm glad I am anal about safety.

I lost about a MM of skin and tissue. The funny part was, as soon as it happened I thought to myself "That's gonna leave a mark". I went in and cleaned up the wound. Then I shed the clothes I was wearing that were covered in sawdust. Put on a pair of clean sweat and went to the emergency room.

End of story is I'm fine. Minus just a small slice of skin on my left thumb. You wouldn't notice it unless I give you a thumbs up. THEN you notice it.

I HAVE SAVED every photo you posted. I am looking forward to refinishing mine. Though I'll be using 383 Carc, I LOVE what you did.

And BTW, what model is in your avatar?

GREAT JOB. I'm gonna steal a LOT of ideas from this thread. Thx Nick.

Wallew,
In my signature I have added a link to my Photobucket account I recently set up. IN the main file of 1948 B1 PW, I have a sub file of 1952 M101. In it you can find the sequence of my build. Dunno if you've done yours already or not, but everyone feel free to flip through my Power Wagon and trailer pics. :)

Thanks
Nick

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to add that your trailer is probably the nicest that trailer has EVER looked.

I just noticed one thing.

DID YOU FORGET A PERIOD AT THE END OF USA?

and as it's been about a year and a half, how has the paint job held up?

The funny part is that since you first wrote this, I sold one CUCV and both my M101 trailers

then we moved from Denver to Dallas - and I have replaced the two M101's with an MKT and I have a MEP003a generator on trailer... and the CUCV with my OLD Suburban...

the more things change, the more they remain the same

Nick

WELL I'LL BE #@*%!^!!!!!!!! I sure did didn't I!! Never even noticed that!!

Thanks for the compliment! Greatly appreciated.
As for the paint job, its still like the day it was painted. It sits in my garage so its protected, and Its been out about 10 or 12 times for a day or two. The real test is gonna be the Power Wagon. Its gonna haft sit outside cuz it won't fit in the garage. For now, until I get it completed and the front end and glass in good it sits under a blue tarp from Harbor Freight.

Upgraded from 101s to MKT.... wow must have more room. I always say I need a shop to work on my PW, but then I think if I had a shop, Id have more stuff!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go paint a period!!!!!! :p

Thanks
Nick

Nick

Well for the FIRST time EVER, i hooked the trailer up to the Power Wagon! I then made a little over 60 mile round trip to a buddy's house to work on the bed sides of the Power Wagon. Took about an hour one way! Wont be getting any speeding tickets in this truck!! :)

Anyway, as is the case with these trailers, it pulled AWESOME behind the PW. The only issue was a leak found in the transfer case of the truck that spewed oil all over the back end of the truck and the front of the trailer.

Still haven't painted the period in the USA though, guess I need to do that today. :?

Attachments

Nick

Id like to get some ideas from you guys...

I have the boarding ladder to make getting in the back easier when camping or loading or unloading stuff from the trailer. I kinda wanna be able to leave the tailgate closed when camping, but don't know what to do about getting the ladder secured to the trailer. Id climb the ladder and over the tailgate to get in and vice versa. But what to do to keep the ladder secure.... I thought of trying to find two more of the tailgate hinge tabs and mounting them sideways, and drilling a hole thru the tab on the ladder and use a couple of nuts and bolts to hold it to the tabs. Ive also thought of cutting two slots in the bottom of the tailgate to slide the tabs of the ladder into and then drill holes into the bed just inside the tailgate to do the same with bolts. Not too keen on cutting the tailgate though!

Whatta you guys think???

Attachments

Last edited:

harleyhouse

I would mount two brackets like "FOOTMAN LOOPS" on the trailer frame
then fab the ladder to drop into them. That will keep it from sliding when someone is on it.

Beautiful work on your trailer.
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks