• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One more problem, fuel question

red devils dude

Ok took the deuce out for a drive yesterday 5-6miles found one more problem I think the engine's starving for fuel I cant get up to 55mph with the throttle on the floor, I just replaced
the primary fuel filter yesterday with a military surplus one, After I bled the filters I noticed
that very little fuel was returning to the tank before I could hear a constant gush now I just get a splash every few seconds so I drained the secondary fuel filters nothing came out that I could see but there could have small pieces of rust or some thing clogging it.
Any thoughts on what I should start with? and is there a screen on the intank fuel pump
that might be pluging?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you changed the secondary fuel filters lately? There is a screen at the bottom of the in-tank pump. If you were able to bleed the fuel lines, I doubt your screen is plugged. But your tank has been open to the environment for some time so unless you drain and clean your tank, who knows what's in there!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: One more problem, fuel question

WillWagner said:
Make sure it's getting full throttle.
Happened to me once, the pedal linkage wasn't free and clear, it hit the cab floor before reaching "full throttle". A grinder took care of it.

red devils dude

RE: Re: RE: One more problem, fuel question

I think I found the problem it looks like I have a class 3 leak on the injection pump
right where the throttle arm attaches to the IP I checked my pedal linkage when I put the new
engine in but will have myself a look.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: One more problem, fuel question

Its not that good, you still can't reach terminal velocity!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd also like to add that you might have to change the filters a couple of times if the truck has been sitting for a while before you started driving it. When you start to drive a truck after it has been sitting, all sorts of gunk gets stirred up in the tank and sucked into the filters. Another (better) option would be to drop the tank and clean it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks