• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One of the first M37s

FrankUSMC

My very close friend has one of the first M37s made. He is thinking of selling it, but is clueless to a price, and so am I on this.
The M37 was made on January 10th, 1951, the first month of production. Years ago, I looked up the vehicle number and it was the 11th or 13th one made (I think, to many years ago). He has owned the M37 for close to 20 years. This M37 must have had a very pampered life, the body is perfect. It came from a fire department in North Carolina, that DID NOT make it into a brush truck. They used it as a rescue truck. No holes were ever cut into it to run pipes for preconnects. Hope you are setting down, the M37 even still had the original bed top bows on it when the fire department sold it.
It runs and stops.
How much would you put on this truck?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Bill
Yes it was! it is owned by Major Moore. The Power Wagon rally was held on his farm. He has now painted it a nice Marine green color.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My M37 is a 1951, don't remember the build/delivery date. Mine is not perfect but it would take 10K to shake it loose from my hands...but that's only if I need the money at the time...and yes...I know that's kinda high.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1951 is a good year for Little-Truck (s)
I am with PB, a good M-37 is hard to give up.
But, . . . . . Give us pictures and such and we will guess at some number. . . .

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had my M-37/42 for 33 years. This is my second M-37. I kicked myself for six years after I sold my first one until I got this one. I'll give this one to my son when I'm dead. He can sell it. I just don't think I ever could sell one again.

I just very, very happy that this particular M-37 you're trying to price and sell is so very far away from me.

I don't have any place to keep it, I don't have any money to buy it, and I don't have any time to restore it.

And I thank all the gods above that I can't "just go look at it...."

Storm 51

Bill W

Yeah what Storm just said goes for me also, Its been over 10 years since I sold my first love but at the time $15,000.00 was a pretty good offer I could not pass up.
Frank if you want, post the vin and I'll look it up in the book.

FrankUSMC

Bill
The vin number is 80006025. The first month of production, they only made a handful, but they did make some "training models" for the military that were sold to the military for I think for $1.00 each. The training models were made before the production started. We took the number of training models made and subtracted it from the vin number. I am trying to remember this from 20 plus years ago.
if you remember the truck, it was almost like a time capsule as it was not molested or modified by the fire department that had it.

AMGeneral

According to the TM9-1840C, it should be production M37 #16 ,the first production M37 vehicle should have serial # 80006010.

It is one of the 22 M37s shipped in January 1951.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have driven this M37, and I can backup everything about this M37. It is one of the nicest, cleanest, M37's that I have every laid eyes on. I know what I would ask, and yes, it would be north of five figures.

vtdeucedriver

Yeah what Storm just said goes for me also, Its been over 10 years since I sold my first love but at the time $15,000.00 was a pretty good offer I could not pass up.
Frank if you want, post the vin and I'll look it up in the book.
Yo got a line forming for the kick in the butt bill?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill
The vin number is 80006025. The first month of production, they only made a handful, but they did make some "training models" for the military that were sold to the military for I think for $1.00 each. The training models were made before the production started. We took the number of training models made and subtracted it from the vin number. I am trying to remember this from 20 plus years ago.
if you remember the truck, it was almost like a time capsule as it was not molested or modified by the fire department that had it.
$1 seems like a fair price to me Frank :-D

GUNNY 155

I am with Storm. Couldn't get me to part with mine for 30K and I still have a few months to go before it is done. When I am gone the kids can argue over who gets it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks