• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One of those mornings....

BiggsChevys

We have lived here for 4 years now.... this morning I discovered I was recently the victim of my 3rd hit and run at our current address...

this time the m1028 driver door mirror was hit...

not like this was a little love tap......

hope the a**hole trashed the side of their yellow septic tank!!

Attachments

BiggsChevys

no the glass did not break....

If the glass isnt broken I think it adds character :)
yes, i agree it does add character but a "hit and run" story sucks....

i cant say "I did that!" and tell the story that goes with it, no matter how foolish I may look in the story... :)

but it is the morals and ethics of damaging someone elses property and not caring....

saddamsnightmare

March 3rd, 2010.

Biggs Chevys:

At least they didn't trash your CUCV! If the mirror is held in by a rubber gasket, you can always take the mirror out, remove the head from the truck, disassemble and straighten the ding out. It might not be new, but it might lessen the pain somewhat. Or you could just say your CUCV earned a purple heart for injuries in the Battle of San Jose.....:grin:
Between you, I and the wall, I'd park the beasty somewhere off the street so they can't hit it. Guys on here have recieved worse damage from hit & runs, and some unattended deuces have DONE worse damage to hit and runs......:cool:

Better luck and happy motoring,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:driver:

BiggsChevys

yes i am lucky, it could have been a lot worse....

and i am always up for a good joke.... i have already noticed that even with a street light within 30 yards of the truck, the only thing you can see from half a block away is a slight glow from the rear plate..... actually thought that might of been how it happened.

as far as the cameras.... i need more "off-street" parking first, then i wouldn't need as many cameras.

way too much labor to metal finish the mirror, as they are too cheap to replace.... the glass is good... the purple heart is better.... :mrgreen:

croftonaviation

Reason number 149 that I love living in the country. Sorry to see it happen, really a shame most people won't own up to their actions. On the bright side at least it wasn't one of those crazy expensive power mirrors. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks