• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One piece Steel cargo Bows with formed corners ??

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got these Seven 5T bows the other day and did not realize that the bow and corners were one solid piece, not a bow with 2 bolt on corners like every other one I have come across. The FSN is no help as it is for the FMTV set. So anybody know what bed these came with?
bows.jpg bow.jpg bowa.jpg
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=10585204

Event ID 14461 Lot Number 7707

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep they have a 7 bow ISO bed like the USMC 923 do and from the pictures I have found have the standard 3 piece bow.
mtvr_gw2-010i.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,
They are HEMTT bows, had them on a covered rear body at Brads place. I also took delivery of a 5 ton that had them installed, they work well on a 5 ton cargo.
JC

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks Scar59 figured it was for something like that. I have not spent anytime around Het"s, HEMTT's or MTVR's.
Eric they are still out west till next week, I need to get out as I haven't noticed your truck town.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a couple new HEMTT owners among our ranks, both got cargo versions, these kits really complete the rear unit. The staves are steel also. Makes a real sturdy cover assembly.

JDToumanian

There's a couple new HEMTT owners among our ranks, both got cargo versions, these kits really complete the rear unit. The staves are steel also. Makes a real sturdy cover assembly.
Yes! Interested! Don't break that up for the bows, sell it to me!

Is it HEMTT or Mk-48? Or are they the same?

edit: I looked up the NSN number (I'm assuming the 'R' in 2540-R1-539-3903 is supposed to be a '0') and it comes up as for a FMTV 5-ton... The NSN for the M977 series HEMTT cargo covers is 2540-01-198-7409. It sure looks like a HEMTT cover though, the number and appearance of the bows and staves... Maybe it was mislabeled.

Jon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks