• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One Reason Why M1009 Rear Seat Will Not Fold Forward

dagsurplus

Perhaps this thread will save some poor sap a lot of time, effort, sweat, and frustration in the future. No matter how hard I lift and pried on the black rear seat handle, no matter how much lubricant I spayed everywhere, it didn't budge. I could not find the reason for this in previous threads, TMs, or internet searches. It required getting down on my hand and knees with a good flashlight and peering into the recesses where the anchoring pins dwell. There, I discovered that pieces of old locks, spent 7.62x51 blank cartridges, coins, and screws in addition to the expected cigarette butts and dirt were blocking the release of the black handle's teeth. After all that stuff was removed, seat lifted up with no effort.

Attachments

Ilikemtb999

I had the same problem with mine except with the radio tray in back I highly doubt my seat had ever been flipped forward. I ended up having to pry the lever with a pry bar (after removing the radio tray of course) and it finally released. Needless to say lots of rust cleanup ensued and now the seat works again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks