• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One strange Mod and one not strange.

Josh

aI drive an Isuzu cab over boxvan about 100-200 miles a day. I love driving that thing. Great visability, turns on a dime. Durring the winter the engine keeps the seat nice and warm. Dont have a single complaint about the truck. I Like COE trucks, but I'd never try to turn a deuce into one.

Jones

Just my two cents.

The HEMTT cabs are a lot heavier than I originally thought and it's good that I went with 5 ton axles and suspension to handle tha additional weight up front.
The spring packs can always have a leaf or two removed or the entire pack re-tempered if the ride is too stiff. Re-tempering ain't cheap, but it's do-able.
There are a number of COE cabs that are aluminum and slab-sided enough to pass for military with a coat of 383 green laid on.
As most COE cabs sit over the engine (hence the derivation of the term), a 'wind tunnel' is already there for cooling air flow as well as under cab insulation to keep cab temps bearable.
Just remember though that most COE cabs are two-seaters. So much for taking a third buddy along, or having yer sweetie sit close on that long ride.

As to why to do any mod? Sometimes just because it sounds/sounded like a neat idea at the time.
Once the rent is paid and the children are fed, it's a pretty innocent way to spend your time and money.
At the end you'll either have a unique vehicle-- or first-hand knowledge of why it didn't work.

conductorx

UNCLE UNCLE!! I give up. I won't try to do a COE to a deuce. :)

I still need length. I understand the M36 is 26' feet long. :)

So far in my short stay I have learned to flip the rear hubs and tons of other valuable information. Jones your rig looks awesome and I would like to see it in person if I ever find my self in CA and in your neighborhood.

Thanks Much,
Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks