• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One wiper does not stop

Gunny65

I read a few wiper threads and ppv threads but this is a little different. My passenger wiper was not working. Planned on fixing it toward spring. Drivers was working fine. Today I gave it the weekly startup and minor function check. The passenger wiper started working! Great huh? I turned the wiper switch to off and the passenger parked but the driver wiper kept on going. Flipped the wiper switch on off a few times but it won't stop. It keeps going the same speed, medium, at a guess. I turn the truck off and it keeps on going for about a minute then finally slows and then stopped. It ran out of available air of course. Sounds like an internal wiper motor problem. Anybody know for sure what caused this malfunction and/or know how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My passenger wiper leaks bad at startup then heals itself sometimes. My wiper leaks right in the middle where the rod moves. I think I am going down to Harbor Freight and get a fluid line clamp set to pinch off the rubber air line. I got new controls for the wipers and from the looks of it, it will take me most of the week to pull the dash and fix everything. What a pain! Has anyone rebuilt the wiper motors?

MtnSnow

You mentioned that you turned A control to off and "one side parked" and the other side kept going......Did you turn off the control for the drivers side? Each wiper is controlled by their own switch (one on each side of the steering column.

74M35A2

My passenger wiper leaks bad at startup then heals itself sometimes. My wiper leaks right in the middle where the rod moves. I think I am going down to Harbor Freight and get a fluid line clamp set to pinch off the rubber air line. I got new controls for the wipers and from the looks of it, it will take me most of the week to pull the dash and fix everything. What a pain! Has anyone rebuilt the wiper motors?
Mine does exactly this also. Pass side hisses like a stepped on snake for a while, then does a few epileptic jumps, and then finally parks itself and works normally. The switch for it is completely limp when doing so. I bought a switch trying to blame that at first. I have shot air tool oil in both of my wiper motors. I assume one pressure line is for run, and the other is pressurized for park. Maybe if I would check the manual I would know these things.....

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ready to change to electric. Once I change the windshield out then the mysterious air wipers go in the trash! Come on warm weather!

Gunny65

I have been thinking about going to electric motors. When I first got the truck the passenger side did not work. It fixed itself. For the first time it is the drivers side that is being stubborn.

therooster2001

This is the closest thread to my issue. My 925a2 has decided it now has a cab air leak, which I suspect is the wiper control valve. The left wiper motor starting slowly leaking a little air from the exit valve. Not much, but you could hear and feel it. Nothing really on the right side. Now the truck basically leaks down to 80 in the primary if it sits for less than an hour. Secondary remains at 120. Question is, this feels like if the wiper valve is allowing a bit of air to pass, this might be why the wiper is leaking, not the wiper motor, right? Can you lube the wiper valve itself / service it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

therooster2001

Figure I need to put some tool oil in this guy, so grabbed a take off one I had around to check things out on it, and I saw a little hole on the air supply side, is this an air release or an oil point?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460343833.653843.jpg

And the mechanism pulls out a bit on the take off, would oil at that point work its way down to the switch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My passenger wiper did the same song and dance on startup then stopped after the air was over 90. I just put a cutoff valve in the rubber hose to stop that crap. After air pressure is built I can use the wipers without issues.