• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Only 3 A2's Listed on GL

renovate7

Wow! Several years ago there were always over 100 listed. I seem to remember they were letting them go 150 at a time from Mechanicsburg. There were always threads about when are they were going to run out. Looks like were getting close...Buy em while you can.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
News flash, there aren't any auctions for M880s, M37s or M38A1 jeeps anymore either. The fact is, the majority of them were already sold. For auctions, you'll have to be happy with GSA auctions, eBay, or local farm auctions. Other than that, private sale only.

Save what you can, guys. The A2s are pretty much out of military inventory, and what comes in the future will be dribs and drabs of parts vehicles or other cann point trucks.

The times, they are a-changin'.

papercu

Looks like were getting close
Or G/L found a private party and made a deal, they do not have to sell at auction.
All they are require to do is get the most money they can for the government. Wayne

A

A/C Cages

I wish they would start selling the Nuclear powered subs,,, now that would be a fun toy to own. lol
Id buy that for a dollar !!!

eldgenb

its just the evolution, the a3's are now coming to auction in the mass's and then with any luck some Hemtt's, LMTV's then MRAP's. Just wishful thinking, who knows.

AMX

With such limited production and many being given to ther countries, I would say the A3's will run out quite fast as well.

SEAFIRE

Very True,
DRMO yards here in Texas do not have any A2's at any of the locations, last year at this time they had quite a few.

Lot's of A3's now, including A3 "parts" trucks, and 900 series 5-tons.......

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you think they would last forever? Some of us here knew what we are talking about when we say there arent many left over year ago...... But noone wanted to hear that, remember?????

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have two M35A2's and the M275 tractor.....prob my limit.

The days of 1000 dollar running deuces (I bought 4 at one time for that price) are prob over.

What I want to know is what happened to the War Stocks trucks.

Many years ago I went to the National Training Center in CA......we were at the railhead at Yermo and there were hundreds of vehicles parked out in the desert. The guy there said they were replacement vehicles that would be sent to units to replace vehicles destroyed in combat.

My guess is that since they were new they ended up being given to our "allies" and for the "war on drugs".

Anybody know anything about "War Stock" vehicles????

area52

Well I know I bought a M54A2 a few years ago, many years after they were replaced by the M809 series and the 900 series trucks. They will pop up every so often.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are PLENTY in private hands, all across the country. Many have lived a hard life and are begging to be saved from destruction by the scrapman. Find them, save them, and learn how to restore. It will beat wishing for more A2s to show up on GL. Cuz we all know, as they say in the South, if you wish in one hand and crap in the other, you tell me which fills up first.

jeep454x4

I read the writing on the wall, picked up my a2 little over a year ago. It has been sand blasted, has new paint, new tires, new cargo cover ,new soft top, new seats, all on a depot rebuild with less than 1k on it since the rebuild. Plan keeping it, just a little concerned about the prices they keep going up and out of the common mans reach. I need to pick up a ton and half to pull before they get out of hand on the price to.