• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

only in Oregon?

edpdx

I believe that Oregon is the last state that still has stations that pump your gas by law. In most stations you can, or have to, pump your own diesel. Some big chains don't want you to do even that. Yesterday I pulled in and hopped out to initiate my fill. A younger guy comes over and asks in a tone that suggests he will be pumping the fuel, if he can help.

"Fill it with diesel," I say.

He starts the card, and then removes the cap.

"That's a big a$$ hole you got, there," he exclaims, referring, I believe to the wide filler of the M1009.

The lady in the next bay spins her head to see what in **** he's talking about.

"It's not so big," I say. "Why, what have you heard?"

It took him a few seconds.

elkhtr

We pass through Oregon once a year on the way to visit family in Colorado.
I plan our fuel stops carefully to avoid fueling in Oregon for just that reason.

wsucougarx

With my last two trips through OR, I made sure I timed my OR fill ups after 1800 hrs. In rural areas they allow you to pump your own fuel after that time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NJ too.

ssdvc

When I lived in Maryland there would be a few New Jersey drivers that did not know how to pump gas. Pretty funny to watch them try
Yeah, I grew up in Jersey and pumping your own fuel is a no-no. Funny, but as stated above, there are still quite a few folks from Jersey that don't even know where to put the fuel in, let alone how to operate the pump. Sad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks