• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Only my wife would find this

akguy

OK, i admit that i have the "addiction !" Everytime i am out driving i keep an eye out for anything olive drab. Never really run into anything big like a deuce. So my wife fly's some gazillion miles up north to visit some friends. Where it's the middle of winter, mega degrees below zero, and she is driving to the store i think and look what she finds............ A FREAKING DEUCE !!!!!!!!
And it was for sale i think. So here i am down in Florida wishing for a deuce but not wanting to have to wait months and months for a EUC to clear and she stumbles upon one for sale that she could have right away. auaaua I can see it now, me on the phone with her asking when her flight arrives and she tells me " well...... i won't be flying home......i kinda might be driving home". :roll: :driver: Where's the justice? :doh:

Anyways, going to airport to pick up my wife. Someday we will have some "green" in our driveway. Hopefully it will be mine and not her's....:mrgreen:

Attachments

Last edited:

scranch18121

The sooner you win one on GL... the sooner you can fill out your EUC... the sooner you can recover it... the sooner you will have it in your driveway.

Good Luck.

I have one at home in the garage. My wife and I were in Wyoming and saw one on the side of the road just outside of Laramie. I started to slow down and my wife gave me 'the look' and said 'I dont think so!!'. I took my foot off the brakes and slowly applied the gas. Why do they always win?

akguy

The sooner you win one on GL... the sooner you can fill out your EUC... the sooner you can recover it... the sooner you will have it in your driveway.

Good Luck.

I have one at home in the garage. My wife and I were in Wyoming and saw one on the side of the road just outside of Laramie. I started to slow down and my wife gave me 'the look' and said 'I dont think so!!'. I took my foot off the brakes and slowly applied the gas. Why do they always win?

Funny thing is i tried "the look" on her one day when we were walking by a jewelery store in the mall......somehow it doesn't have the same effect when i use it.....rofl

gunboy1656

Mine came around and started to enjoy this hobby, she found an nice M211 sitting between a couple houses that was for sale (still is for sale). And now has me looking into getting a blazer.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talk about the 814, and she tells me that I spend more money on the 814 then I spend on her. So I add it up, and she was right about January. But I just dropped 8G's to go to alaska with her, so the balance has changed in her favor.

akguy

Funny thing ....or good thing.....she is starting to like them. Only problem is i think she is leaning towards the 5 tons......something about "size matters"???????

A

A/C Cages

What type of deuce are you looking for here in Florida and I might be able to help. Naples isnt that far from me.

akguy

Hi A/C, would like one with cargo cover, w/w or w/o winch. But for right now i may have to relocate back to alaska due to family illness.

Last edited:

augiedoggy

Funny thing is i tried "the look" on her one day when we were walking by a jewelery store in the mall......somehow it doesn't have the same effect when i use it.....rofl
I couldn't agree more!

A pair of expensive diamond earings makes perfect sense to a lot of ladys, so a deuce should make the same perfect sense to you. And, if it makes you happy.....
:grd:
Plus she found one and stopped to take a picture ! God bless her! [thumbzup]

I've been asking mine about colors and seat cover choices, it seems to help.

Good luck and happy hunting!

A

A/C Cages

Hi A/C, would like one with cargo cover, w/w or w/o winch. But for right now i may have to relocate back to alaska due to family illness.

Well I have a M35A2 dropside, softtop, no winch, turbo. Only thing missing is the cargo cover. Its an extra truck here at the shop.

Off the subject, are you getting pounded by the storms also today? Man its bad here.

Sorry to hear about having to leave Fl for any reason let alone illness.

akguy

Hey A/C, never would have guessed before i moved down here that there would be a need to "cage" your outdoor a/c's! Nothing is safe from thieves anymore. They are stealing copper wiring from not only underground cables to wiring into and inside church's here. oooops, gotta keep this M/V related.... would like to stop by if in the area sometime and see your deuce.

akguy

No storm yet.....but we usually are too far south to get them. They always seem to dissapate when they arrive here. How far north are you from naples?

A

A/C Cages

Lucky you, im inbetween Orlando and Daytona Beach right off of I-4.

Stop by anytime. I have a wild assortment of play toys and even a private R&D area outback of the shop to play in.

akguy

Thank you for the invite. Would be nice take a little road trip later on once the wife gets back. Just looked at the doppler and WOW, big storm!!!!!!! Have to get ready for work here. Thanks and have a nice day.

hwcurtice

Good Luck.

Because sleeping with the wife almost always beats sleeping in the Deuce!

Unless you're sleeping with the wife in the Deuce.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AKguy, you could always stop by in Palmetto, and look over the motor pool. Got deuces AND 5 tons. Even an automatic so it's easier for the wife to drive....:jumpin:

Zack

I just got a duece not to long ago off of gl... My euc cleared in 15 days.. First purchace. I went to recover it from a buddies house last weekend, had a bad noise so left it at my uncles in south ga.. going back this weekend to get it found the problem and solved it.