• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OOPS!!! Broke my HH quill gear!!!

hdexpert

Was trying to remove my hydraulic head with the help of my wife. She was up top trying to lift the HH, had it in a bind and told me to turn the motor a little further....snap, clunk, OH CRAP!!! Beware, this happened with very little effort. At least it's easily replaced!!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I was wondering if that was broken, before you changed the HH.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well at least you can stop wondering and rechecking. Glad you found it. If you have trouble finding and old IP let me know I think I have one we can rob the quill

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
not to be hard on you, i hope others learn from this, but this is why people should read the manual before working on stuff. especially something like the IP. HH removal is very simple and straight forward when done correctly. now you have the problem of timing it correctly, which has eluded many people.

tom

hdexpert

not to be hard on you, i hope others learn from this, but this is why people should read the manual before working on stuff. especially something like the IP. HH removal is very simple and straight forward when done correctly. now you have the problem of timing it correctly, which has eluded many people.

tom
Don't worry about being hard on me, it's fine. I read and re-read the TM, called many people for advice and took my time. The only reason it broke was the fact that I had an inexperienced helper. I can't be too hard on her, she was helping!! How many wifes do that??

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't be too hard on her, she was helping!! How many wifes do that??
Mine - she was a Machinery Repairman in the Navy so she's smarter than me on a lot of stuff.

:smile:

Last edited:

jakej1111

hey guys i have the same problem...broke the quill gear....was done when i got the truck and put a new hh on it and only got fuel to #1....do you know where i can get a new one or used one..thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks