• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Boy Scout Gwinnett Ga Scout Expo 4/22/16

andy3

Operation Boy Scout Gwinnett Ga Scout Expo Saturday 4/23/16

Hey guys I am a Cub & Boy Scout leader and was asked if if some of the local MV community wanted to come out to support an event at the Gwinnett County Fair Grounds on Saturday April 23nd. The event is from 9 to 4. We did this event a couple of years ago with a parade in then static display. Last time we had about half the trucks leave @ noon and the balance stayed until the end. We can work that out when we get there. In the past there has been between 2K and 5K in attendance. I know this would make a big impression!

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds address:
2405 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Arrive by 8:30AM We parade in @ 9AM

If you need to leave early we can walk you out starting @ 12 or 1. I would prefer trucks to leave in groups as not to disturb the flow of people.

For those staying the event closes @ 4PM.

I have not been on the site much in the past 6 months or so because of distraction with some ongoing legal issues with my foster sons. I will monitor this thread but can’t guarantee how quick I can get back with you.

I would love to see Ron, Swiss, Clinto, Stig, Robert, Scott and all the other Atlanta locals so we can tell stories. Bring a chair and a cooler of Scout appropriate beverages. I will have a cooler of waters.

I am bringing my M35a2 with M105 with an S250 shelter camper on the back and a truck full of my acorns.

Andy Duncan
678-462-1610
andy3@mac.com
ASM Troop 1534

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will be at ZOUTs that day, other wise I could see the 819 doing a good will visit.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I thought it was Friday the 22, so if it is two days, I will of course be at ZOUTs , sorry ANDY

I reread the zout thread, yep way back in the thread there is 23 thrown in with talk about BBQ chicken , :oops: again SORRY Andy

Last edited:

andy3

Ron, it's fine. I did not mean to overlap on Zouts shindig. If anyone wants to come for a morning session we can get you out in time for Zouts @ noon.

Sent from my iPhone

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I thought it was Friday the 22, so if it is two days, I will of course be at ZOUTs , sorry ANDY
You MAY be able to make BOTH Brother. Looks like we are gonna have plenty of help Friday (22nd) and the trailer will be there far in advance.

I'm not trying to get in the way and Andy's event is important...just that we MAY need the wrecker if we can't get the heavy stuff loaded on Friday.:beer:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You MAY be able to make BOTH Brother. Looks like we are gonna have plenty of help Friday (22nd) and the trailer will be there far in advance.

I'm not trying to get in the way and Andy's event is important...just that we MAY need the wrecker if we can't get the heavy stuff loaded on Friday.:beer:
This IS why you ARE the GA MAFIA imperial 1sg.

The Stig

Man am I glad I caught this.

I would love to be there. Lucky for me its the week I have Sat off. Just need to check to make sure I have coverage for the pups to see how long I could stay. Would love the day to socialize with everyone, and pick everyone's brain a bit in person vs through the forum. So as it stands count me in.

Hopefully I can make a day of it.

Duce

I loved scouts when I was a scout. I'm glad to see the community support for them. Sadly my boys and I will never be able to be involved with the BSA. It's due to my personal conventions on their stance on homosexuals in scouting. I wish I could over look it. Scouts were a large part of my life. Their stance goes against the scout laws, and Gods and I cannot be a part of that.��

I wish they would reverse their stance but they wont.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks