• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Homefront Fill The Deuce

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the First Annual Fill the Deuce Food Drive for Operation Homefront was a success! We didn't get the chance to cross the scales but had a knowledgable individual calculate between 2k-3k pounds in food. We had the first 3rd of the bed stacked with boxes and wrapped groupings of canned foods until we ran out of boxes and then had to start stacking it by hand. Not only did we get that much food but we also raised $1300 in $20 gift cards from WalMart and one of the local grocery chains. Looks like we're going to need a bigger truck next year or at least a new trailer.

I want to give a special thanks to Steel Soldier Keith_J for his outstanding performance as an expert deuce loader. We couldn't have done it without him.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith_J

Kicked my butt, literally. But I will eventually recover. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I only had ONE donut but about 4 cups of that Starbuck's Pike coffee :wink:. And thanks again for the dinner! I don't need bribing but will always work for food.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the 2nd Annual "Fill The Deuce" Food Drive for Operation Homefront is scheduled for Oct 16th in San Antonio. Per Cyberspace_7's recommendation we are going to have TWO deuces this year but were going to go for filling both not just half of the second one.

We are looking for volunteers to help out this year. No vehicles needed (though feel free to show up in your's if you're helping out) but we'll be at 2 seperate locations so need staff to help load outs from the donor's vehicles to the deuces.

This was a tremendous success last year and was very humbling with all the support and thanks we recieved from the public not to mention the graditude of those on the recieving end of the donations.

Look forward to seeing folks out there. If you can't volunteer how about dropping off some leftovers from the family shopping trip?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's heartwarming to see an old soldier "soldiering on". Serve your country and serve your community. The greatest thing about this hobby is it gives one a great desire to give back. Thank you and your truck for your volunteerism.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the time has come. The Fill the Deuce Food Drive is this weekend. Due to location difficulties we will only be at ONE spot and that is WalMart at the corner of Loop 1604/HWY 281 on the north side of San Antonio. WalMart gave us a great location ON their sidewalk pad between the main entrance and the Garden Center. We'll have a live band for entertainment and, of course, this is for a very worthy cause.

Hope to see the local SS members Saturday between 10-4. You should be able to spot us :)

MC

FrankOceanXray

Great idea! Way to put these big oafs to a very wonderful use, one that will let the naysayers see their worth. This idea makes me lean more towards getting one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks