• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation insulation

sermis

A insulated the back curtain using a foam with foil lined Automotive insulation. Also insulated the hatch using an automotive type insulation but not the foam. Thought about doing the tunnel using lizard skin ceramic spray-on insulation but also thought about using the same foam type insulation. I just think maybe the lizard skin would hold up better but not sure how well it insulates. Anybody have any experience with it or any other ideas? The stock insulation does okay but there's a lot of uninsulated metal which puts a lot of heat into the cab of the truck and the red. AC doesn't seem to keep up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to gear-report.com. There is an article on there for lizard skin. I have seen it in that HMMWV and rode in it. Does help considerably. I am contemplating pulling my exhaust and getting it ceramic coated or even wrapping it myself. There are some good results with horse stall mats too. I have used fatmat on a few places in my 998. Mainly just the wheel wells though. Its a lower cost version of dynamat.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I messed around a bit this morning before it got too hot. The guys on Garage Squad use this all the time so I thought I would try it. It's easy to use. Doesn't look like it will soak up water. I painted the edges with vinyl paint that I had laying around so the aluminum wouldn't show too much. I lined both rear footwells, both tool boxes and the space under the seat and still have some material left.

I am eventually going to make my own mats with this stuff I bought from DB Engineering. Very dense, very heavy. IMG_0973.jpgIMG_0974.jpgIMG_0975.jpgIMG_0976.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0979.jpgIMG_0980.jpg