• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

operation of the 3lever light switch

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the TM's are right here on the site. look at the deuce forum sticky(wiki). There is also a reference section with all of the TMs available to read or download. There is also a search function. This has been well covered, but I will look for a picture for you.

50shooter

In a nut shell, I start the truck then push the bottom right knob (which is spring loaded )into the up position and hold it there w/ my left middle finger and slide the top switch all the way to the right w/my thumb. My Dad can't use his fingers very well anymore and that is how I showed him how to do it. All in one motion and you have drive lights and signals.

Good Luck

Militoy

Doghead and 50shooter have pretty much laid it out - but I would simplify Doghead's post, and expand 50shooter's to this:

The lower right lever is just used to unlock the others - rotate counter-clockwise (up) to release either of the other two. For daytime driving, rotate the top lever 1 click clockwise.
For nighttime, rotate the top lever and bottom left lever all the way CW (2 clicks). Don't forget to reset the levers to "off" when you're done. The top one needs to be straight up - it's easy to rotate too far left, and kill the batteries with the BO lamps, which can be hard to see in daytime.

gunboy1656

just one correction militoy, well clarifaction really.

For nighttime onroad keep the switches to the left,

If your in the backwoods trails you can play with the blackouts (right side)

Unless you really want to have the cops stop ya.

Scott

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is possible to break the locking pin if the switch is misused, here is the correct procedure explained (PS Magazine section, old site).
When this happens, the light switch, upper right hand lever, operates without the need to unlock using the lower right hand lever.
I have one switch with a broken lock, so it can happen. BTW, I'd trade it for a good switch, but it is broken....

Image: Right click and select "Open in new window" option.

Attachments

Militoy

just one correction militoy, well clarifaction really.

For nighttime onroad keep the switches to the left,

If your in the backwoods trails you can play with the blackouts (right side)

Unless you really want to have the cops stop ya.

Scott
:?: My switch is like the type shown in the above post (and below, if my upload works) - where the blackouts are on the left, and running lamps on the right.

It might not be legible at this resolution - but from L to R the Main (top) switch positions are: BO DRIVE; BO MARKER; OFF; STOP LIGHT; SERV DRIVE

Attachments

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

MArch 5th, 2009.

CTMUSTANG:

OR you could take the easy way out and get the TACOM push button switch and install it with a GOOD ground wire to metal in the firewall. With the tacom switch, you hit any button and they all light up, then push the one you want, then "Enter". To turn off, you push "All Off" and then "Enter", and then "All Off" again. Much easier then that nasty old mechanical switch, and probably easier for your dad to operate it.:-D
Chances are, I am going to unleash a firestorm with this one, but I took the 3 lever out and replaced it with a TACOM switch, no muss, no fuss, and no groping in the dark to find your levers.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:twisted:

datsunaholic

I've never seen a 3-lever switch with the blackouts on the right. But I haven't had or driven dozens of MVs- just my Deuce, and the 4 various 5-tons, 3 Deuces, and a couple HMMWVs when I was in the Reserves. Due to having been required to do so, I run Service Drive all the time (daylight or not). Of course I run my regular car headlights in the daytime as well. Habit.

Nothing wrong with a good working TACOM switch. It's just finding a good working TACOM switch. Guys tend to break them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks