• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Save A Blaze

2INSANE

Someone randomly dropped off a 1988 Chevy K5 Blazer with a built 700R4 and built 350 TBI with headers at my local junkyard. It also has almost new 33” tires with Rally Rims.

As soon as I saw it, I was on it like Donkey Kong! I offered scrap yard $500. Scrap yard said no. I said ok does it run? Scrap yard said IDK we think the motor is seized. I checked the motor and it was not seized. In fact, after borrowing a battery and jump started it, it fired right up and shifted so smooth and strong I could not believe it. I then offered $1500. Scrap yard said maybe. We don’t have a title or anything they said.

I found some paperwork in the Blazer and found some contact info. I messaged contact on Facebook and contact said it was stolen but not reported and he lived in a different state and has the title. I offered contact $1000. Contact agreed to the price and told scrap yard and the scrap yard then upped their price to $3600. “Storage and property fees” they said. They said they would not release the Blazer unless I paid them $3600.

Frustrated and very angry with the scrap yard I decided to check the Code ;-) Code says they can only charge me storage fees up to 90 days and it’s only been there 50 days. I called scrap yard and threatened to take them to civil court. They reduced their “Storage fees” to $1700.

Right now I am in the process of acquiring this blazer. It has some body damage that I can easily fix. So I’m assuming if I go ahead... it will be a grand total of $2700. Worth it? I was planning on buying it for my Son. What do y’all think?

2INSANE

Many Scrapyard and tow truck drivers are a different breed of humanity.....that give them all a black eye.

Cool find.
Agreed! I am not a sue happy person and have never sued anyone. But when Azzholes like that try and screw people over, they deserve a lot coming to them me thinks.

But what ya think? Is this running K5 worth the $2700? It’s been a long time since I priced an old K5.

Is the 350 tbi and a built 700r4 a good combo?

2INSANE

I paid the junk yard the $1750 for the storage fees. I drove it to my work and parked it there until registered owner sends the title after he gets the bill of sale and check in the mail. I pray he does not screw me over. I would hate to have to turn bounty hunter and hunt him down! Lol! Will get pictures once I get title and drive it home!

But for now she has been saved! Possession is 9/10th of the Law right? Lol!

dmetalmiki

Hmmm. " He who is brave", ( And not a little determined ), WINS!
And If your happy with it, And, Your son likes it, ( How could he not be? )
Especially if he ( And you should help him to ), Fix it up as an additional learning curve..
👨‍🔧

dmetalmiki

It actually reminds of a time a saw a Pontiac Tempest Le'Mans of top of a scrap heap in El,Cojon. The yard guys thought I was nuts! But they hoisted it down for me. I paid $90, Bought a battery, Started it and drove home.
I drove that little gem for years before selling it to an avid collector of the breed,
Ha!. It was fun to pull into a service stop and if the attendant asked, "Top Up',s"?
OH Too right.. Me, " yes please the gearbox seems to be slipping would you top it up for me"?
Minutes later..." It AINT got a gearbox"!.
I open the boot, (Trunk),
H... C!.. Well I never......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks