• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

The Goodyear seems to be made of a stiffer rubber compound and doesn't flatten out like the denman's. I'm going to use some 12" 2x6's to open them up over the winter.

Last edited:

Aussiecowboy

Just remember these tires are still close to half a century old, keep a close eye on them. My new tires were a pain to get onto the rims, aerostart and a gas torch worked in the end. Cost me all the hair on one arm though.

m38inmaine

Today was the final chapter of the Urgent Restoration project, the Goat was loaded and is headed to Nebraska to a military vehicle museum. I would like to thank Mark for jump starting my venture with his build, and Andy and Tom and all the other people here on SS. It is going to a good home where it will be displayed and be giving rides.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Today was the final chapter of the Urgent Restoration project, the Goat was loaded and is headed to Nebraska to a military vehicle museum. I would like to thank Mark for jump starting my venture with his build, and Andy and Tom and all the other people here on SS. It is going to a good home where it will be displayed and be giving rides.
Congratulations on a job well done mate.
Absolutely, well done!

And congratulations.

But shouldn't we all close this out with a party or something?!

I can bring some chairs.

PS Any NEW project in the works?

AAAA.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks