• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

opinions about Deuce 6x6 with HEMTT wheels/395/85R20's

Mud Hugger

The bead locks is the big deal, so he can run lower air preasure to get a large foot print for floatation and such. If you drop tubed tires to low you could blow a bead and or wreck the tube. I do a lot of offroading also but not as extreme.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly. I aired down this past Sunday and the rim spun inside the tire causing a flat. It only has to spin a half-inch or so to cause issues. I ruined one tire because I did not catch it early and the second will need a new tube. By the way, These trucks run great off-road with flat rear tires. I couldn't tell I had a flat, till I stopped for a refreshment.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have Mod'd Hemitts w/ GY 395's, on the She Beast. I like the tires, but I think I would go the MRAP route if I did it again. You don't have to cut the rim to add the plate.

I like that thought ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks