• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions sought on modification

mbwarner

My 1988 USAF truck doesn't have weapon rack. My truck came from GL-Ft. Lewis, and only modification from as-delivered in 1989 seems to be addition of a NATO slave socket.

Question is, would it be a sin to add the dual rifle rack to this nearly original truck?

wsucougarx

No it would not, I would add one! I would also add the USGI manual windshield washer as well. I got them both from Saturnsuplus. $26 for the gunkit and $27 for the windshield washer kit. I also put on the air tank drain kit so I don't have to crawl under the truck

MODS:
Double gun kit
Windshield washer kit
Airtank drain kit
Solargizer
Interior light (domelight) from a tank I believe

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it would not, I would add one! I would also add the USGI manual windshield washer as well. I got them both from Saturnsuplus. $26 for the gunkit and $27 for the windshield washer kit. I also put on the air tank drain kit so I don't have to crawl under the truck

MODS:
Double gun kit
Windshield washer kit
Airtank drain kit
Solargizer
Interior light (domelight) from a tank I believe
:ditto: on all but the auto drains. Well, I installed the gun mount, have the washer kit AND instructions, but still need to install it, did 1/2 of the solargizer 'cause I had to do batteries, so I did the cool quick disconnect clamps...still gotta wire the kit in, and have the tank dome light, went through it and gotta find time to put it in. So much to do, so little time :roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As far as mods go my philosophy is "I'm plucking this chicken...you just stand back and watch the feathers fly".
Unless you are going for that concours restoration there is no one "correct" deuce.
Individual units did all kinds of authorized and unauthorized modifications to their equipment.
I had a deuce in germany that had a 8 track tape player and speakers in it (yea.....I'm dating myself here) because I spent a lot of time on the road in it. Prob why I am half deaf now.
Do what ever you want to to your truck and make it your own.

zb39

There is nothing wrong with 8 track, I have a few in the basement somwhere. If you like a mod thats all that matters. You bought it and you have to live with it. Enjoy!;-)