• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Optical Fuel Sensor?

tsmall07

So my friend has a 6.5L Suburban and he tried to run some WMO in it. The thing ran like crap and he said it was because of the optical fuel sensor that needs to be able to see through the fuel to measure it properly or something.

Does the 6.2L in the CUCV have this? I searched, but couldn't find any results. I've seen people say they run WMO in their CUCV, but I don't know if I want to if it has this problem.

Last edited:

Ken_86gt

I don't know if you looked under the hood of one - but there are no computer controls on these engines. The only electrical connection on the fuel system is the shutoff solenoid. There are some stuff on the fuel filter block but it is not used in the control of the engine.

tsmall07

I don't know if you looked under the hood of one - but there are no computer controls on these engines. The only electrical connection on the fuel system is the shutoff solenoid. There are some stuff on the fuel filter block but it is not used in the control of the engine.

I have a CUCV and wasn't thinking about the lack of computer controls. :oops:

I was just thinking about the similarities between the 6.5 and the 6.2. :roll:

My bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks