• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ord 9 SNL G-742

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I recently picked up the listed manual on Evilbay. It's a 1955 original in near perfect condition. I have collected many manuals over the years but this one somehow eluded me. Well I finally have it and it was worth every penny and more ($75). This thing goes as far as telling you the length and thread type of the bolts holding stuff together. If you are a deuce fanatic and ever have a chance to score this ORD, BUY IT!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way! This thing must be 900 pages. Don't think you can scan it without breaking the binding.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, Will you read it to me, til I fall asleep at the rally? :wink:

JDToumanian

SNL = Saturday Night Live?

This manual is in the TM section, and I was finally able to download it! ....It had always come up as corrupt before. It seems to be for the earlier deuces, the M135 and it's variants. Kenny, does your copy cover the M35?

Jon

papercu

breaking the binding
I have to agree BUT While I'm not entirely sure how they do it but to prevent damage to old (and costly) books and to speed the process up, some will use a camera to take each page picture. Maybe check the yellow pages and see it there such a place close by? I'm sure it is costly but I would help share in the expense and maybe if more chip in.....? Wayne

JDToumanian

Oh, Kenny I read the numbers wrong - I thought yours was the one in the TM section... not G-749, but G-742. Yes, I'd like to have a copy of that indeed. Maybe I'll find one at Tower Park...

Jon

Barrman

Is yours the hard bound version? I got one from the same place a few years ago and love it.

Finding a way to copy it without destruction seems to be a noble goal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it's hardbound! Inner page shows a 1957 print date. This original has better art than the reprints in my opinon.