• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oregon on-road title for clean GP clean SF-97/titled?

chrisross

So when I got the title from GP, it was literally the DAY the OR DMV COVID restrictions went into effect, so I couldn't just drive in and get it titled. I wanted a few months, then I setup a Bend DMV VIN inspection appointment. When I drove in for the appointment, they didn't even check to see who I was or if I had made an appointment. So I got the VIN inspection and mailed the title and paerwork to the OR DMV. Then I did the same thing for an F350 and the DMV was saying "don't use the envelope we give you to mail this stuff in" and "track the mail so you know when we received it" and that seems like good advice because it has been over a month now and I still don't have any response from the DMV. I did make copies of everything which is what they recommended on the first go around.

As far as actually titling this thing, because I got the title option from GP, I think the OR DMV will just transfer it over as a regular vehicle. They don't seem to care about the 6 digit VIN. The DMV guy who did the VIN inspection wanted to know if I would sell the Humvee to him and he was half serious. But I don't have any reply yet so I don' t know if they will honor it, if they will question it, reject it, or if they even got it.

JD4044M

Tomorrow I get to transfer the Florida Title on my M1078 to a Washington one. Then transfer my Disabled Veteran License Plate from my Dodge to the M1078. I wonder how they will feel losing tonnage fee's over it? Course they get $1400.00 in sales tax from me! Bet that means more to them. I will come on tomorrow with the news one way or the other. I will not mention anything about ex military other than it is just a 2 1/2 Ton truck under 26,000lbs for privet use!

JD4044M

Success I got my Title transferred from Florida to Washington State and Plates and new Tab for the M1078 this morning!! They said does it really have 2840 miles on it and I said yes. They were not so happy they only got $1,303.50 to put it in my name and no license fees or tonnage! I put my Disabled Veteran Plate on it and then bought plates for my 2005 Dodge for another $129.50 instead. They still got a ton of money out of me but no more next year on the M1078! So I emailed the seller today I want my truck can't hold out any longer. I am having withdraws with it not here for what I have spent buying it! Mark
PS Any one in Washington State know what they normally charge for License/Tabs/Tonnage on the 1995 M1078 Truck??

chrisross

Well I finally got my plates for the HMMWV a few weeks ago. Still haven't gotten the Oregon title yet, DMV is slow lately. Oregon has no problem at all issuing plates for the M1123 it appears.

Now we'll see what they do for an Oshkosh MK23!

Wolfen

I had to wait months for the registration and title for the 2015 3500 SILVERADO that I bought in Montanna. The Oregon DMV, is extremely slow.

crampt0n

Well I finally got my plates for the HMMWV a few weeks ago. Still haven't gotten the Oregon title yet, DMV is slow lately. Oregon has no problem at all issuing plates for the M1123 it appears.

Now we'll see what they do for an Oshkosh MK23!
Hey Chris, Curious of steps you took. I called the DMV of Oregon head office and they told me they will not title it for permanent on-road use and they would only provide registration for specialty cars that you drive to and from shows and events. I have the clean form 97 and all the paperwork from the government. As I purchased mine from the state of Oregon.

I haven't taken it to get the vin inspected yet by the local DMV, just trying to make sure I have everything so I don't screw myself before hand.

crampt0n

Hey Chris, Curious of steps you took. I called the DMV of Oregon head office and they told me they will not title it for permanent on-road use and they would only provide registration for specialty cars that you drive to and from shows and events. I have the clean form 97 and all the paperwork from the government. As I purchased mine from the state of Oregon.

I haven't taken it to get the vin inspected yet by the local DMV, just trying to make sure I have everything so I don't screw myself before hand.
DMV will not approve a regular registration in OR spent 8 hours there yesterday and also talked to the people in charge down at the Salem office. Only thing we are allowed to do is get a $220 special interest registration for parades and such.

If you can get a federal safety standards certification you can get a regular registration

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks