• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original Brake Pads???

donalloy1

Fellow SS's, Is there a way to positively verify if my Brake Pads are originals from GM to US Military? My M1009 shows 22k on Odometer and have yet to find anything on vehicle to prove that Odometer has not been rolled over. Attached pictures of Pads from left front. Hope you all can help? Reason for need to know is for maint/pm purposes.
All your input is greatly appreciated as always. DMLII sends respectfully!

We honor those who have fallen this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

blazer_brakes_2941308_477074185702284_518529766_n.jpgblazer_brakes_513-1383435_477074429035593_1725421119_n.jpg

Hasdrubal

Unless you could trace the service records for your truck..good luck on that, your maintenance records begin when you took possession. I would say that there is no way to know if the pads are original.

donalloy1

Unless you could trace the service records for your truck..good luck on that, your maintenance records begin when you took possession. I would say that there is no way to know if the pads are original.
Was hoping there would be a CLEAR telltale sign from manufacture to military! Something clearly unique from civi supply lines. So much for that Hasdrubal. Suppose I go on wondering... is it 22k miles or other???

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was hoping there would be a CLEAR telltale sign from manufacture to military! Something clearly unique from civi supply lines. So much for that Hasdrubal. Suppose I go on wondering... is it 22k miles or other???
It's a civi truck with 24v added . Same pads as the K 5's rolling down the line.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably the single most useless thing that I've seen on any ex military vehicle is the speedometer/odometer. You must realize that when the vehicle is in the possession of the U.S. military, they don't exactly have to follow the same rules as civilian car dealerships do when it comes to odometer accuracy. If the speedo quits working on a military vehicle, and it's the instrument, they just put in a new one. In the case of the CUCV, if the dash panel flakes out and some other gauges stop working, since it is a combination panel with everything built in the same panel...the whole thing would get swapped out. Not a big deal. Be glad you have a truck that runs good and leave it at that.

Last edited:

donalloy1

Does she have 22k, 122k or ? I suppose I will never be able to verify. Other than rust from Salted Roads in Utah &^%$#@! I am very happy to have her! She runs quite well and plan on keeping her till I am gone from this planet. Thanks for all your input as always. DMLII sends

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks