• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original, Spicy or Extra Crispy?

Which flavor MV owner are you?

• Original

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Spicy

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Extra crispy

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Mixed bucket

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a great discussion with a fellow member regarding our MVs and what we do to them, I realized I have a question.

We have four types of MV enthusiasts
"Original"- these are the ones who do their very best to ensure everything on the equipment is as close to the way it rolled off the line as was intended. Their M151 looks like it just rolled off the line. May also be referred to as "rivet counters".
download (3).jpeg

"Spicy"- the ones who, for the sake of expediency-, budget etc, just want their vehicle running and serviceable; original paint with a little rust? All good. Seats torn but serviceable? It's ok. They may upgrade creature comforts, but for the most part the vehicle appears and functions as originally intended.
420569.jpg

"Extra crispy"- these guys don't care. They think it's ok to do an LS swap on a M37. Their vehicles will have modern upgrades, custom wheels and more lights than a chicken truck...
images (2).jpeg

Mixed bucket. Depending on the vehicle, you may go for any of the above.

I know we have several of all types and I'm curious as to where the site leans.

Last edited:

CMPPhil

After a great discussion with a fellow member regarding our MVs and what we do to them, I realized I have a question.

We mainly have three types of MV enthusiasts
"Original"- these are the ones who do their very best to ensure everything on the equipment is as close to the way it rolled off the line as was intended. Their M151 looks like it just rolled off the line. May also be referred to as "rivet counters".
View attachment 858559

"Spicy"- the ones who, for the sake of expediency-, budget etc, just want their vehicle running and serviceable; original paint with a little rust? All good. Seats torn but serviceable? It's ok. They may upgrade creature comforts, but for the most part the vehicle appears and functions as originally intended.
View attachment 858560

"Extra crispy"- these guys don't care. They think it's ok to do an LS swap on a M37. Their vehicles will have modern upgrades, custom wheels and more lights than a chicken truck...
View attachment 858561

I know we have several of all types and I'm curious as to where the site leans.
Interesting survey, but some of us have MVs that fall in all three categories. All three are good just depends which I want to drive any particular day. But now you've left me in quandary which describes me best?

Cheers Phil

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I voted mixed bucket. My turd looked as it did when I got it, but did upgrades to make it work better. I plan to do the same on the next one I get. If I am working on something at the Museum, I try and keep it as original as possible, even going as far as evap-o-rusting fasteners, washers, etc. to see if they can be brought back to functionality.

ssdvc

Not afraid to make mods that:
1. Are in the interest of safety and reliability
2. Comfort and looks, as long as it doesn't change the intent of what the truck was went to be.
4. I like mods that are subtle and not readily noticeable (like LED lighting)

Either way, I like my truck as it came fro the factory. All the mods that I have done to my 1009 have been to fix known safety hazards/reliability issues. Things such as a spin-on fuel filter, doghead mod, tinted windows - no AC makes this a must, LED lighting - which is in progress, slightly larger tires - which are coming. But hey, it's your truck, put your stamp on it!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not afraid to make mods that:
1. Are in the interest of safety and reliability
2. Comfort and looks, as long as it doesn't change the intent of what the truck was went to be.
4. I like mods that are subtle and not readily noticeable (like LED lighting)

Either way, I like my truck as it came fro the factory. All the mods that I have done to my 1009 have been to fix known safety hazards/reliability issues. Things such as a spin-on fuel filter, doghead mod, tinted windows - no AC makes this a must, LED lighting - which is in progress, slightly larger tires - which are coming. But hey, it's your truck, put your stamp on it!
I really don't think there is a "wrong" when it comes to our vehicles. I live by the saying "If I ain't paying for fuel, insurance or the note, it's none of my business."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks