• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oscellating multifuel engine

5_TON_TOMATOE

I have dropped a piece of chain in a rusty tank before and shook the tank best I could for quite some time. Worked well. Use a shop vac to vacuum out the rust before you use something to wash the rest of the rust out. Pictures look as if the bottom of the the transfer pump could use a bit of rust removal attention.
I have always used like 5 Lbs of 5/16" nuts, or lock washers in the tanks to shake around. You can count them, to make sure they all come back out!

dabtl

800summit is right. That stuff is organic crap. A good algaecide treatment each fill up will get rid of it.

My fuel system had that stuff along with some amount rust until I switched to the spin on primary and secondary fuel filters. It is much cleaner now and I suspect after some more driving this year it will be gone.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dabtl,

How did switching filter systems clean algae and rust out your tank? I'm not being a jackash (right now) but I wonder if you misspoke or there's something for me to learn.

Rick

panzerjunky

Hello All
This might not be anything But......On my truck one of the oil filter covers says diesel fuel only multifuel capability bypassed. as it has had the device that meters the fuel viscosity for multi fuel operation by passed by the folks at Toledo. Mabey your rig has been bypassed and not atomizing the mix toy are running correctly....Most likley not but just a thought. Let the more knowlegable fellas join in
Take care Jerry

panzerjunky

fuel issues

Hello All
This might not be anything But......On my truck one of the oil filter covers says diesel fuel only multifuel capability bypassed. as it has had the device that meters the fuel viscosity for multi fuel operation by passed by the folks at Toledo. Mabey your rig has been bypassed and not atomizing the mix toy are running correctly....Most likley not but just a thought. Let the more knowlegable fellas join in
Take care Jerry

panzerjunky

Hello All
Take care Jerry

frodobaggins

Hello All
Take care Jerry

The FDC only messes with the amount of fuel delivered based off viscosity, anything else not affected.

metalsoft

There has to be a way to "T" in a fuel line pressure tester. You can find one of those at O'Reilleys, Autozone, habor freight, etc. Just a standard fuel line pressure tester will do the trick but you have to T it into the line right before the engine. Dont know about your vehicle but this is a basic testing procedure.
Does the vehicle have a carb or some other injector process? Like i said im not familiar with those vehicles but it sounds like clogged injectors or not enough fuel pressure. This will help you track down the problem.
If its a carbuerator set up then check the float the inside could be gummed up, there are pins and needles in most any carb that stick with the slightest bit of varnish or build up.
If its injectors reset the fuel rail to zero and try again.

dabtl

dabtl,

How did switching filter systems clean algae and rust out your tank? I'm not being a jackash (right now) but I wonder if you misspoke or there's something for me to learn.

Rick
Sorry if you thought I meant removing the rust from the tank. My tanks, as this one were not particularly rusted. One had gunk, not quite as much as this but close enough. The filter system on both of mine suffered from rusty filter cans which the spin on filters took immediate care of and eliminated.

The gunk in the tank contains some rust but mostly algae type sludge. When the algaecide kills off the gunk, both the gunk residue and the suspended rust release and are carried off in the fuel. That is what the filters pick up.

jimm1009

fuel problems

Well I finally got some time away from the son's new home project to tinker with my toy.
I flushed the tank with water about 10 times and used the shop vac to suck out the dirty water the last four times while letting any remaining solids flow to one corner uner the filler neck area.
I have noticed no gain in horsepower but it seems that my oscellation problem is gone. The farthest that I have driven in one stretch is 19 miles but no problems to report to date.
I changed the filters and blew out the lines.
I have noticed that my truck comes up to 55 or 56 MPH at the red line where before it would get up to about 52 MPH. Not much difference but I guess things are o.k. now.
I will tweak up the fuel a half turn in the near future but am not in a hurry for that. 54 MPH is o.k. with me but I would like to be able to get there in under a 1 1/2 mile excelleration run. Nothing like having the pro's coming up under my rear end while I'm trying to get over 45 on the entrance ramp!
JIm :twisted:

Last edited:

stumps

" I have noticed that my truck comes up to 55 or 56 MPH at the red line where before it would get up to about 52 MPH."

Uhmmm??? When you are in gear, the tachometer and speedometer are always a fixed ratio to each other...Right?

If they are not holding a fixed ratio in a given gear, they are broken, or your clutch is slipping.

-Chuck

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks