• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh M1070 HETT

AvrgJoe

Stopped today & looked at a M1070, kind of toying around with the idea of buying it. Looking for advice on this MV in particular. Look fors, look out fors, reasons why, why not to buy. I am pretty new to the MV hobby in general, right now I have had my M35A2 for about 4 months. Obviously this is a lot diferent, looking for general info & advice.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

R Racing

Top Speed 45 MPH. Has a Detroit engine . Would seem like a beast to maintain. But There are some here that have them so they could give you better insight.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, why not?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just my humble opinion...That will be expensive to buy (compared to smaller stuff), harder to handle, expensive to operate...but I guess if you have a need for it...and the funds not needed elsewhere...why not??

Of course if you have a tank and a trailer to haul it on...ya need it!![thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you have the money for a toy like that why not?

The only difference between Green Iron and crack is that when you wake up the next morning after a binge you have something in the driveway to show for your money.:wreckerman893:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
4 mpg is a bit HIGH, the -10 calls for 1.8 mpg, now that may be loaded miles BUT with the 500 hp DD WIDE open to get 45mph, the mpg will not be much better, with the five I recovered, the fuel gauge had a significant DROP over a 40 mile trip.

M920

4 mpg is a bit HIGH, the -10 calls for 1.8 mpg, now that may be loaded miles BUT with the 500 hp DD WIDE open to get 45mph, the mpg will not be much better, with the five I recovered, the fuel gauge had a significant DROP over a 40 mile trip.
Actually the 1.8 mpg is fully loaded, towing an M1A1 on the M1000 trailer. I have put over 8000 miles on my HETs and can safely say, that the M1070 does get a steady 4.0 to 4.2 mpg, running just the tractor empty..... even "screaming" along at 47 mph! [thumbzup]

Just for what it's worth.....lol

Soni

dawico

If I had the excess funds or a real need for one I would be all over it if the price was reasonable.

Of course I feel that way about most MVs.

I can't really help much past that. Good luck.

Gunzy

I was told that with a full load (M1A1 on M1000 trailer) they got 1.8 gallons per mile, not MPG. Neat toy but I am happier with my M923.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks