• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh MK23 family of trucks parts

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunzy, Thanks for the tip. I checked ebay and the ones saw there did not look right for the MTVR. So I thought I would take a look at Lisa's quote and there was the Oshkosh part number. I searched ebay for that and some guy in Germany is selling them. So I bought one of them because they were only like $20. I will let you know how it goes.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got the horn cap. It is just that, a cap. It is very thin aluminium and has Oshkosh printed on it. I was expecting to also get the part under it that adds the thickness so you can push on it without breaking it. So now I need to wait until I get the truck so I can see exactly what I am missing.

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working on the front differential of a MK23 and needing to swap it out , took one from the wrecked truck and it’s bad as well. Does anyone know if the rear rear differential is the same as the front differential? I called Oshkosh and they said it was a different part number but goes in the same housing. Everything on the outside looks identical, even the air locker but it’s a lot of work to pull it to check and it really be different. Wondered if anyone knew if was just location that made it a different part number and it would really interchange with the front differential? Thanks in advance for any info and if anyone has a good front laying around!!

Nomadic

Food for thought, you could check the load rating of the front and rear axles to gather additional evidence of the diff being the same or different.

Efituned

Working on the front differential of a MK23 and needing to swap it out , took one from the wrecked truck and it’s bad as well. Does anyone know if the rear rear differential is the same as the front differential? I called Oshkosh and they said it was a different part number but goes in the same housing. Everything on the outside looks identical, even the air locker but it’s a lot of work to pull it to check and it really be different. Wondered if anyone knew if was just location that made it a different part number and it would really interchange with the front differential? Thanks in advance for any info and if anyone has a good front laying around!!
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the you're trying to swap out, like what signs is it giving?

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pinion bearing is completely shot , you can stick your hand between the shaft and the housing. It’s all wobbled out. Tried pulling one from a wrecked one we have but the carrier mounts inside the differential were bent also. Soooo we started scratching our heads and looking at the rear and it looks the same but is a lot of work to pull of not the same.

DirtyDirk

Wes,

I can email you the list of MTVR part numbers I have. What format do you need it in? I mean like PDF or Excel. Also what order do you want the columns in, part number first, then NSN, then description?
Jon I would greatly appreciate a copy of this in what ever format you want to give

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi DirtyDirk,

There is a sticky that has the list for down loading the spreadsheet of part numbers.

If you want the complete list, then send me your email by IM and I can email the list to you.

Jon

luckypjs20

Now, back to the actual subject of this thread, I did hear back from Lisa and she was able to find the part I need. I need the steering wheel cover which has the "OSHKOSH" logo and it is used to honk the horn. She was very helpful and she did some research to find the NSN because I did not have it and the part number list I have did not show that part. Anyway, she is able to sell me the part and all I need to do is submit a PO to the accounting department to get things rolling. She even offered to send a photo of the part before shipping so I can be certain that it is the part I need. There is only one little thing, the part is $105!!!!!!!!!! Now this is a little round thing maybe 2 inches in diameter and it is over one hundred dollars!! I think I should buy more MTVR parts on GP and stock up on them.

Maybe I will buy another truck and use it for parts. . . .

Jon
I wonder what they charge for an axle boot I need one

Hypecannon

Gunzy, Thanks for the tip. I checked ebay and the ones saw there did not look right for the MTVR. So I thought I would take a look at Lisa's quote and there was the Oshkosh part number. I searched ebay for that and some guy in Germany is selling them. So I bought one of them because they were only like $20. I will let you know how it goes.
How you make out on the Horn .. Need one badly

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hypecannon and Russ,

No luck at all on the horn switch parts. I even went to the local Oshkosh cement mixer dealer and they had a horn part but it did not look correct for the MK23. So I do not have a cap on my truck.

I was able to get the horn working and it passed inspection so I guess it is good enough. I just used a paper clip to jump the contacts. It is nice because the paper clip has some "spring" to it so it will not sound the horn all the time, just when you press on it.

If you want, I can send a photo of what I did.

DirtyDirk

Hypecannon and Russ,

No luck at all on the horn switch parts. I even went to the local Oshkosh cement mixer dealer and they had a horn part but it did not look correct for the MK23. So I do not have a cap on my truck.

I was able to get the horn working and it passed inspection so I guess it is good enough. I just used a paper clip to jump the contacts. It is nice because the paper clip has some "spring" to it so it will not sound the horn all the time, just when you press on it.

If you want, I can send a photo of what I did.
John what did you do in Utah to pass emissions? you are in Salt Lake county arent you? (sorry I am not sure if this is a parts related question or if you needed to install parts to make it compliant)

Hypecannon

John what did you do in Utah to pass emissions? you are in Salt Lake county arent you? (sorry I am not sure if this is a parts related question or if you needed to install parts to make it compliant)
10 four I would appreciate you sending me photos I think you ahead of time when you have time of course we’re trying to get things here in Arizona on the truck so we can pass certification at ADOT Inspection in order to get it licensed plus have any of you had any trouble with the front or rear being too high having to build a lower removable bumper bracket for the rear

jeff wayne

Wes,

I can email you the list of MTVR part numbers I have. What format do you need it in? I mean like PDF or Excel. Also what order do you want the columns in, part number first, then NSN, then description?
Hello, Im a new MK23 owner. I need your help with part numbers, source of parts ? Mine is running, driving, WHAT a rush driving it around town!! Cell 423 506 3501. email mtool@bellsouth.net.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks