• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Snowplows

4trans

I was wondering if the military Oshkosh plow trucks like the w-712
are 24volt or 12volt any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

4trans, in case you can't find the rules.
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
BC

4trans

4trans, in case you can't find the rules.
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
BC
Thank you Ive read the rules and its just Ive had a lot on my mind lately and it must have just slipped my mind about GL posts

4trans

Its all good. Most likely they have 24 volt systems.

ok thanks and to convert to 12volt would you be able to just get a new alternator and replace any 24v parts with 12volt ones and change the battery hookup to a dual 12volt battery system or would you have to replace all the wiring

Most big equipment is 24 volt, the parts for the 24 volt are still readily available. Id say the hassle wouldn't be worth the trouble. You can take Two 12 volt batteries and use them to jump it. Or alittle preventive maintenance like a solargizer or a battery tender would negate the need to jump. I doubt the CIVI version of that truck or engine is 12 volt.

4trans

Most big equipment is 24 volt, the parts for the 24 volt are still readily available. Id say the hassle wouldn't be worth the trouble. You can take Two 12 volt batteries and use them to jump it. Or alittle preventive maintenance like a solargizer or a battery tender would negate the need to jump. I doubt the CIVI version of that truck or engine is 12 volt.
Jumping other vehicles IE my friends' and a lot of commercial trucks in the us are 12volt BTW nice ARFF truck as your avatar

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks