• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Other that GL who is selling M109's or M35's?

theprepared_com

I've wanted an M109 for quite a few years and constantly see them go on GL. The problem is that I'm not real confident about going to recover one. So I figured it may be worth the extra money to pick one up from a dealer that has already been looked over and is running. In talking about this at work a couple other guys decided that it would be a lot of fun to pick one up for themselves. So there is a potential that 3-4 or us may go and buy a M109 or M35 at the same time. This would give us backup vehicles in case one of the others had issues on the way back home (Cheyenne,WY). Who is a reputable dealer that is selling these trucks?

todds112

I've wanted an M109 for quite a few years and constantly see them go on GL. The problem is that I'm not real confident about going to recover one. So I figured it may be worth the extra money to pick one up from a dealer that has already been looked over and is running. In talking about this at work a couple other guys decided that it would be a lot of fun to pick one up for themselves. So there is a potential that 3-4 or us may go and buy a M109 or M35 at the same time. This would give us backup vehicles in case one of the others had issues on the way back home (Cheyenne,WY). Who is a reputable dealer that is selling these trucks?
There was one for sale in Laramie on Craigslist.

theprepared_com

I don't mind paying extra for a truck that someone has gone through. But 20 times what they paid at auction or 5 times what others are selling existing trucks for is a little ridiculous. Am I wrong in thinking that I should be able to come up with an M109 for $5000-$7000?

avengeusa

I don't mind paying extra for a truck that someone has gone through. But 20 times what they paid at auction or 5 times what others are selling existing trucks for is a little ridiculous. Am I wrong in thinking that I should be able to come up with an M109 for $5000-$7000?
way less than that

nhdiesel

From what I've seen anyone reselling these trucks get a LOT more than what they sell for from GL. Any will be, because of whats involved- having money tied up with GL during the approval process, taking a chance on the truck's actual condition, the recovery process and cost, then going through the truck and doing required maintenance and repairs. But some resellers really try to get top dollar. Just look at the M35A2s that someone keeps putting on ebay for $12k.

Location also has a lot to do with price. If you live within a couple hundred miles of a lot that sells them frequently, you should be able to get them for a lot less money because the recovery cost is less and there are more nearby.

I'm going to be reselling a few to help get money for one of my own, and to help pay for my wife's schooling (especially since I'm now unemployed). My initial estimate is that my Deuces will be priced between $2k and $4k depending on condition. That is based on the fact that the closest I can find Deuces selling from GL is over 400 miles, and those are known to be junk...so the first 2 I bought were 450 and 1100 miles away. They have also had my money tied up for a month and a half on the first Deuce, and going on 3 weeks for the 2nd. I also plan to go through them and replace all filters & belts, and fluids as necessary (replace if there is ANY question about age or condition). Any trucks I sell will be extensively road tested to make sure no issues pop up. All of this takes time and money, but I feel the price is right for a vehicle that is in known very good running condition.

With that said, I won't discourage anyone from buying right from GL (except for dealing with their stupid EUC process). You'll save the most money, and if you can tinker yourself, why pay someone else to do it?

Jim

theprepared_com

nhdiesel, I believe what you are charging is quite fair. I also completely understand that I would be paying more for a truck that you go through completely and don't mind paying a premium for that. I just feel that $8000-$20,000 for an M35 is a little excessive.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
That much for a M35A3 is excessive. Prepare to pay alot more than the east coast prices for a MV out there. More bases here , prices are alot lower.

I know some guys in CO that have nice M35's they wont take you on- Jay

nhdiesel

nhdiesel, I believe what you are charging is quite fair. I also completely understand that I would be paying more for a truck that you go through completely and don't mind paying a premium for that. I just feel that $8000-$20,000 for an M35 is a little excessive.

Exactly. Depending on condition, with the current trend in prices (and lots of Deuces available) I think I'm right on the money for a truck thats been gone through and ready to use. Double or triple that is just crazy. Of course there are exceptions for more rare vehicles...the 109s seem to fetch a bit more, and beyond that- such as fuel service trucks, dump bodies, cranes, etc., prices really jump.

Jim

lavarok

If you want to come to FL, I am sure we can make a deal on a couple trucks. The LavaRok motor pool needs a wrecker, so one of the M109A3s and one of the M35A2s need to go!