• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Other types of seats..

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To all those swapping seats- I'll take your old box seats and spring rides off your hands. :roll:

I got a coach seat from Gimp (thanks dude!) but haven't installed it yet.

o1dakota440

Dakota, do your seat make you feel more cramped than stocked? I am not very tall and I already feel cramped. Also, did you mount the driver side to the spring platform?
Thanks, Dave
yes, the drivers seat was a little higher at first. so i used a oxy/acetylene torch to heat up the bottom 2-3 coils of the spring. i had my brother sit in the seat while did the heating, it lowered the seat about 4 inches. and it still has plenty of travel to take care of the bumps in the road.

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put MRAP Seats in my M35A3

I'm finishing an installation of MRAP seats purchased from Daniel at the classified Ads here a month ago. He sent a pair of very nice, incredibly tough 2006 production MRAP seats. These are thicker on both the back and bottom and than my original drivers seat. This necessited going to a 2" smaller diameter NOS 5 Ton steering wheel (which I wanted anyway) from Memphis Equipment. Marty Charnes in the Parts Dept. there is very helpfull. Also, the rear upper framework of the cab was cut back about 1 1/2" to allow these thicker seats to be set slightly further back, thus keeping the original legroom. Marty also provided a spring pedestal for the passenger side. There was a bunch of drilling to make it all work, but fairly straightforward. These seats have a built in 5 point harness, but I left the original passenger seat belt in case a passenger finds that easier or more comfortable. At some point I'll build a locking center console.
Cheers! Dr. No

998Junkie

Lets see some pics of those MRAP's.

I know this was directed to Nogueremuseum but I also bought some mrap seats (4) and I originally was going to put them in my 5 ton. Here are some shots.

The seat is mounted to a mount that I fabbed to replace the old seat rails and would sit at about the same height if I had used the rails as part of the mount. When I sat in the truck the wheel was a few inches from my belt and felt a little strange and I also noticed I'd want to drop the seat down a few inches, I thought about cutting the springs but I saw two clips which prevent the seat from over extending, I was going to remount them so I have the correct distance. I didn't think about a smaller wheel but that might make the difference. I took the seat out for now and I'm going to mount the stocker to see how much different it feels. A different shorter base, smaller wheel and it might be good to go, I think I’d be unwilling to make changes to the cab frame.
;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys,
I´m finishing up a trip in Brazil (it´s work, somebody has to do it!), so it will be a little while till I can get some photos out. Does anyone know who was selling surplus 24 v. to 12 v. inverters on the Classified Ads a month ago?
Cheers, Dr. No