• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our 5-ton: "CRAZY DOG"

CPDOG

This is our 1991 M923A2 5 ton named "CRAZY DOG". It is just me , my wife and all of our dogs. this is our camper and the going to town truck for a "cheeseburger run" for you guessed it, the dogs! It is truly dog friendly as it has a dog door installed in the cab and the bed was modified for a dog ramp to the cab door.

also, we accomplished other improvements such as the battery move, new paint job top and bottom with all original military stenciling (except the name) we even put our names on each window as the army did.

I got rid of CTIS.

we lowered the canopy bows and got rid of the wood slats up forward and replaced them all with left over fiberglass ones from the sides and we added one extra rail to the bottom of the side rails as the dogs needed extra couple of inches higher for leaning on and we reinforced all the bows so that going down the road 60 it is actually quieter in the bed than in the cab and there is no squeaking at all from them, again it was for the dogs comfort on long rides. (we know this because my wife rode in the bed with them)..ha-ha

we added stereo and 12 volt power, completely sound proofed the cab/doors with dyno-mat and 1" submarine hull insulation (I am a retired submariner and currently a submarine mechanic) we drove for 8 hours on one trip and our ears were not ringing afterwards..ha-ha). and we added horse stall mats to the bed and cab with dyno-mat under them.
lastly, all lockers on the frame were dyno-matted and a lot of the resonating sounds were eliminated.

it is a pleasure being on this site and we thank those of you again who have assisted us certain issues relating to our truck.

V/r

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site. Nice truck and good conversion for your canine companions. I "rough it" in my 5 ton camper. (m54 A2) you know the "usual" essentials only, Shower ,full size double hieght cooker, Full size fridge freezer, satellite etc, running hot and cold water (yawn) ALL specially done for..2nd picture lol)

Attachments

CPDOG

all

thanks for the replies and comments on our truck.

"srodocker", if that is an invite we will definitely try to be there, however does your group have an email roster so we can be added to it for the trip, etc.?

V/r

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really neat work, can't let my pack see this thread, they'll want a doggy door to the cab.
Dogs love trucks
JC

srodocker

We have a facebook page PNW Steel Soldiers and also a thread on the website. The link is in my signature. Also you can check out the past convoy/campouts if you search for PNW Chehalis convoy/campout

Your truck is awesome! Maybe need to do the same for my pig hahaha

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is our 1991 M923A2 5 ton named "CRAZY DOG". It is just me , my wife and all of our dogs. this is our camper and the going to town truck for a "cheeseburger run" for you guessed it, the dogs! It is truly dog friendly as it has a dog door installed in the cab and the bed was modified for a dog ramp to the cab door.

also, we accomplished other improvements such as the battery move, new paint job top and bottom with all original military stenciling (except the name) we even put our names on each window as the army did.

I got rid of CTIS.

we lowered the canopy bows and got rid of the wood slats up forward and replaced them all with left over fiberglass ones from the sides and we added one extra rail to the bottom of the side rails as the dogs needed extra couple of inches higher for leaning on and we reinforced all the bows so that going down the road 60 it is actually quieter in the bed than in the cab and there is no squeaking at all from them, again it was for the dogs comfort on long rides. (we know this because my wife rode in the bed with them)..ha-ha

we added stereo and 12 volt power, completely sound proofed the cab/doors with dyno-mat and 1" submarine hull insulation (I am a retired submariner and currently a submarine mechanic) we drove for 8 hours on one trip and our ears were not ringing afterwards..ha-ha). and we added horse stall mats to the bed and cab with dyno-mat under them.
lastly, all lockers on the frame were dyno-matted and a lot of the resonating sounds were eliminated.

it is a pleasure being on this site and we thank those of you again who have assisted us certain issues relating to our truck.

V/r
That is so cool and has refueled my desire to have a pass through on my new (just started) project.

Of course I could be a little bias when it comes to spoiling my dogs. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks