• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our MTVR camper:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I was wondering if I could can gain some understanding of the EUC's here.

I have noticed that recent auctions have not listed the EUC as a restriction on the sale of the MTVR's. Yet, I did recall seeing it on previous listings/sales months back. Has this changed now for MTVR's now (no EUC for these anymore)?
MTVRs are still listed as EUC approval required post purchase before obtaining truck, unless private hand sale happens between two parties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhpdbrad

MTVRs are still listed as EUC approval required post purchase before obtaining truck, unless private hand sale happens between two parties

Thank you. After reading your reply I revisited the site and looked again and found out why I got confused. They (intentionally or not) bury the information a little deeper in the "Terms and Conditions" describing the specific codes that require an EUC, (i.e. "B, D, E, F, Q & C"). And then checking back on the main page seeing that MTRV's are a "Q" Code (thus applicable) . Whereas on some other vehicles, the EUC requirement is listed immediately on the right side of the page.

Glad I got educated. Thanks again.

MILITARY6

Greetings- I've been reading the Steel Soldiers forums for a while, but this is my first post here.

I just purchased an MTVR from GP. The vehicle is a 2007, indicating 3,443 miles and 216 hours. I spent hours scouring the Inspection Reports and photos, and tried to pick the nicest one. The only material defect apparent at this time, is that the CTIS is flashing. I have an extensive background in motorsports and vehicle repair- I'm hoping I'll be able to get that sorted out.

I recently retired, and my wife and I intend to convert it into an overland expedition type vehicle and register it as a motorhome (motorhomes do not require a CDL to operate on public roads).

I see that hundreds of these things have been sold, but I'm not seeing a lot of information out there. I'm gonna have a ton of questions (I know not to ask insurance questions here).

I gotta head to the bank to wire the funds over. I've asked for an SF97, to facilitate titling it in my state. I'll need to complete and submit my EUC. I've requested shipping bids from GP. And I'm gonna have to submit a bill of lading to get refunded on the California state sales tax. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Are there shipping options apart from whatever GP is going to offer me, that I should be considering?View attachment 793013View attachment 793065
Greetings- I've been reading the Steel Soldiers forums for a while, but this is my first post here.

I just purchased an MTVR from GP. The vehicle is a 2007, indicating 3,443 miles and 216 hours. I spent hours scouring the Inspection Reports and photos, and tried to pick the nicest one. The only material defect apparent at this time, is that the CTIS is flashing. I have an extensive background in motorsports and vehicle repair- I'm hoping I'll be able to get that sorted out.

I recently retired, and my wife and I intend to convert it into an overland expedition type vehicle and register it as a motorhome (motorhomes do not require a CDL to operate on public roads).

I see that hundreds of these things have been sold, but I'm not seeing a lot of information out there. I'm gonna have a ton of questions (I know not to ask insurance questions here).

I gotta head to the bank to wire the funds over. I've asked for an SF97, to facilitate titling it in my state. I'll need to complete and submit my EUC. I've requested shipping bids from GP. And I'm gonna have to submit a bill of lading to get refunded on the California state sales tax. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Are there shipping options apart from whatever GP is going to offer me, that I should be considering?View attachment 793013View attachment 793065
Hey I am hoping you can help me out. Huge favor! I need a picture of the specifications on the top of the silver module in your really good looking vehicle. I have a 2006 MK23, but when I received it, I noted that there had been parts taken from it (yeah, should have been on the truck). One of those parts was the transmission control module. The vehicle has now been sitting for around 4 months because it can't be started until I get information to program a new transmission control module. Here is where you come in. The transmission control module is located on the passenger side dash, behind the vehicle diagnostic display. If you take that panel off there will be 2 modules, one silver one black. The silver one has 3 connections to it (blue, grey, black) and has 3 bolts holding it to the dash. If you unplug it and take off the bolts, you can see the top of the transmission control module to take a picture of the specifications. Once I get your picture, I can get a new module programmed and hopefully get my beast up and running. BTW a new Allison transmission control module is $4,000! Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MTVR

Yes, I know where the transmission control module is. Once I have taken deilvery of my truck, I'll have a look at it.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score! If it runs, consider driving it home. I drove my M934 home from Kansas to Michigan in the dead of winter. A trip to remember for sure!

MTVR

...and a truck is dispatched to go pick it up for me at Yermo tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives...

MTVR

My truck should be getting picked up in the morning. I'm just spit-balling here, but I'm guessing that means it will probably be here on Saturday, one month to the day from when I won the auction.

And I got my Bill Of Lading, but the GovPlanet web site won't let me upload it to get my California state sales tax back, even though it's been less than 24 hours since they notified me that my EUC cleared. I'll contact GovPlanet in the morning to see what can be done about that.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Perhaps, I have misinterpreted the latter part of what you said, but the EUC still applies to all parties down the line who may own the truck. It is incumbent on the original seller to pass along the requirements of the EUC to subsequent owners.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
EUC process only applies to government selling to civilian transactions, once a civilian owns the truck and obtains a title, he can sell it like any other civilian vehicle to a fellow legal civilian butttt who really goes through an EUC process civilian to civilian? Lol

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, the initial owner can sell a vehicle that came out on an EUC. Yes, only the original buyer goes through the EUC process, BUT all subsequent owners are bound by the agreement. For example, the EUC states something about not being able to export the property (unless the person has the appropriate export credentials). All future owners are also prohibited from exporting. I am not implying that all subsequent owners of an EUC item must go through the EUC process. But, they must abide by the agreement.

MTVR

Called GovPlanet this morning, and was given an email address to send my Bill Of Lading to, along with my request for refund of the California state sales tax.

I sent it a little bit ago- I guess we'll see...

MTVR

To any SS members in the area- we have made arrangements to meet the driver at his fuel stop in Aurora Oregon tomorrow morning, so that we can fill up our truck when he fills up his and then he's gonna follow us to our drop-off location in a large parking lot in the Clackamas area. You are more than welcome to tag along and/or stop by to check it out. Heck, I may even let you drive it...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks