• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out and about with the M35

tjcouch

A conversation from yesterday evening:

Me: I would like to buy this sectional sofa - do you have it in stock?

Salesperson: Our set up and delivery charge is only $100.

Me: I see. Do you have it stock, I would like it tonight.

SP: How do you plan on getting home.

Me: I have a truck.

SP: Well, it better be a tractor-trailer - I don't think you understand how big the sofa really is . . . it's deceptive in the showroom.

Me: Ummmm - I put a tape on it. It will fit just fine in my truck.

SP: OK - you would know, I guess. Did you bring your own twine to tie it down.

Me. Won't be necessary, but for the sake of time let's just say, "Yes." Where is the loading dock?

SP: The loading dock will make it really hard to get it in your truck . . . it is much easier to lift it into your truck from the ground, rather that lower it down from the dock, you see, the loading dock is about 4 feet all so it lines up with the semis . . . .

Me: (chuckling) Right. So where is that loading dock.

SP: Sir, . . .

Me: Let me stop you there - how about we walk over here to this window . . . . .

SP: Sweet Jesus! What the #$%@&% is that thing?

Me: It's my pickup truck and grocery getter, now then, loading dock? Oh, and by the way - we will need to lift the sofa "up" - the bed of the truck is about a foot taller than your dock.

n1bnc

When I delivered used oil and anti-freeze to the town for the Haz-mat recycling day. the first fellow came up to my M135 and asked what do I have and how much and I told him a couple of 5 gallon buckets worth, he told the next guy the truck was completely full of used oil and anti-freeze, fellow number two almost lost his clean shorts! It was a true mastercard moment!

tjcouch

Today Tampa had our Veteran's Day Parade - I used my M332 for the first time to carry the sound system . . . . a vast improvement for the passengers in the back of the truck. This is the only pic I took as I was leaving my home to head to the parade . . . but I am sure my friends will share theirs with me soon.

The best part - after the parade, and after I returned everyone to their cars I was dead heading back to my house alone - and while stopped at a light I heard "excuse me sir!" Next to my truck was a woman who walked up from several cars behind to shake my hand and say "I just wanted to thank you for my freedom."

We need more people like her.

Attachments

tjcouch

Hee, hee . . . so the next parade is an illuminated night parade on the University of South Florida campus (homecoming.)

I just spent all evening after work to string lights on to a 14' x 3' piece of chicken wire (x2) to go on each size of the truck . . . . next set of photos as we get nearer to the parade on the 20th! 2400 little bulbs so far!

So . . . the picture below is one of the wire frames flopped over my "workbench" . . . . actually my hot tub.

(One day I am going to put the hot tub in the back of my truck for a night on the town.)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks