• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out of Fuel

M925

Well my title from GL came in the mail on Saturday. And I rushed over to the dmv to get the M925 re-titled and tags.

It all went smooth, except when they told me how much tags would cost for the year!!! $529....I nearly crapped my draws.

Has anyone re-registered their truck for a lower GVWR?

Then I was going to put fuel in the truck and ran out of fuel. I thought something was going wrong with the transmission but I will never trust my fuel gauge again.

While sitting in the median of the four lane....I met a really nice Marine Iraq vet. And one on duty state trooper came to see the problem....and another one came in his civilian car....and helped....he even wanted to buy my truck.

We primed it and she came back to life.

I think it was fate that I ran out of gas in order to meet the people I met.

M925

I even called my insurance company for roadside assistance. That was a strange conversation. LOL.....not many tow trucks could tow a 5 ton. But their help was not needed. Yeah, that Marine vet that stopped to help sure was a good Samaritan.

Smokinyoda

It all went smooth, except when they told me how much tags would cost for the year!!! $529....I nearly crapped my draws.

I feel your pain! In NC mine will cost me almost $400/year just for the 23k pound plates that im putting on my 931a1. Which means if I fill up both tanks that will pretty much max me out on my weight. This state unlike most others charges you by weight when buying plates, really missing TN now...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well my title from GL came in the mail on Saturday. And I rushed over to the dmv to get the M925 re-titled and tags.

Then I was going to put fuel in the truck and ran out of fuel. I thought something was going wrong with the transmission but I will never trust my fuel gauge again.
While sitting in the median of the four lane....I met a really nice Marine Iraq vet. And one on duty state trooper came to see the problem....and another one came in his civilian car....and helped....he even wanted to buy my truck.
We primed it and she came back to life.
I think it was fate that I ran out of gas in order to meet the people I met.
Three things in this world I will NEVER trust:

1. Military vehicle fuel gauges
2. Politicians
3. Folks that say "The checks in the mail".
:papabear:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make yourself a graduated dip stick and keep it in the cab. I have one in each truck. Wont get stuck with the stick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks