• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outbid on an M105A2?

dikwks

Recovered my new (to me) M105A2 trailer today. Yeay, my first big recovery!!! I was halfway through a vacation at The Outer Banks in North Carolina when I decided to check my email. Good thing! Turns out I had won a trailer that I had no idea I had won and was halfway through the 10 day reply period. I had been outbid according to the GL site at $300. OOPS! I got the EUC and other assorted paperwork filled out and faxed in. The EUC cleared yeserday, so I and my son went and picked it up today. A quick inspection showed no glaring problems so we hooked up to the deuce and away we went. I didn't hook up the brakes for the trip. Turns out that there is hung parking brake cable, but apparently not bad enough to keep the wheel from turning. I monitored the temps on the 30 mile trip home and stopped once to cool things off with a wet rag. I haven't dug into the wheels yet to see the problems, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with my $258 trailer. If nothing else I got two tires that are at about 80%.

Anybody else have that happen? Been outbid and later find out you've won?

Attachments

197thhhc

I had bid on 2 lots of assault packs and lost one. Then I noticed they billed me for 2. I called them and they said the last bid came in technically too late so it was mine.:D

Nice trailer. Good price.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a neat 105. I've been beat here and there, we all have. But hey, it's how the game is played. Not to mention there are times it's a blessing in disguise when you are out bid. :shock:

dikwks

That's a neat 105. I've been beat here and there, we all have. But hey, it's how the game is played. Not to mention there are times it's a blessing in disguise when you are out bid. :shock:
I'm ok with being outbid. Sometimes ya' win, sometimes ya' lose. What is disturbing is that I showed lost and then it got turned around. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about how it worked out. That kind of thing could have some serious consequences though with higher priced items.

dikwks

Bump!!!! Still looking for an answer. Did any one lose and then be declared the winner? On a side note: got the parking brake actuator rods off today and realized that a 3/8'" turnbuckle in a fine thread might be a little hard to locate. Any suggestions??aua:shock:

91W350

I won a second deuce after being outbid. When the win notification came out, I was the proud owner of two deuces. That is okay, W/W trucks are hard to find and handy to have.

dikwks

Wow, I'm liking this thing more and more. Baby came with new shoes and everything else inside the drum. The last picture shows why. At some point everything came loose on the right side and beat up the drum. Got the parking brake cables out and lubed up to prevent sticking. Got the turnbuckles freed up, only problem was one of the left-hand nuts split when I was twisting it. It was already thin from either grinding or corrosion. Hopefully the rest of the brake stuff (diaphragm, m/c and control valve) works OK. Will try to find out in the next few days.

Attachments

mikeblac

I also was apparently outbid on a deuce, but received notification the next day that I was the winner. Got the truck and a1.5t trailer. Different event numbers, but same place and end date. I was happy. Not now! Auction ended 24May12. EUC info submitted on both items next day - GL required some modifications - done and re-submitted. Sent to Battle Creek 01Jun12. Trailer was approved 12Jun12 - still playing tag on the truck. GL says it was approved, but wrong paperwork received from Battle Creek. Leave two messages a week for customer service - but they no longer return the calls.
Site is holding the trailer for me as they are aware of the issues, as I would like to make one trip with a low-boy and recover both. More than discouraged with the entire deal. Gonna wait about another week, and then will probably just abandon the whole deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks