• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outfitting M1031 SECM

Keith_J

I have not done too much to mine, other than take the air compressor off the floor and mounted it above the generator to save floor space. Made it from 1" square tube, it required no new holes to mount. I still have space for a horizontal cylinder rack for shielding gas.

I have a Dynasty 200 welder in the truck, this is a SMAW and GTAW machine which runs fine on 208 three phase. I still need to change the 45 amp three phase outlet to the twist lock type I have on the welder.

future plans are for a reconnection box between the generator and panel so it can be reconnected to output 120/240 single phase using a low zig zag arrangement. This way it can be used for home backup as well as three phase stock, just not at the same time.
I have also fabricated a class IV receiver hitch and installed an electric brake controller. In addition to the 24 volt DC powered air conditioner, rear view camera and 12 volt power outlet.

dependable

Mine is also stock. I did build a reconnection panel from an MEP-018a that will hook to the 12 leads of the Lima-Mac. Have an auxillary air tank, will be set up to speed fill from shop compressor for limited mobile air with out engaging generator. Along those lines I have a collection of NATO slave plug 24V tools for truck, 1/2 & 3/4 drive impacts, regular and right angle drills, and a fuel transfer pump. Also running NATO plug to back of bed.

Still have to modify tank brackets to fit my oxy acetyline tanks better. It is OK for driving around yard, but not secure enough for road use.

Keith_J

Very handy mods there dependable. I have a Robotool in mine, it needed new brushes so it was free, the brushes from a CUCV alternator work just fine ;)

If I could find the reconnection switch from a MEP003a, that would work great on the Lima MAC. Just need two pole 45 amp breakers for single phase 120/240 operation.

I have a 24 volt inverter, 2300 W with a 2800 surge for when I don't want to use the generator. It is set up with a NATO plug too. Nice having 20 amps of 120 volt power. Like setting up the trouble lights on the roof and driving around.

Keith_J

Last time I checked, the Lima MAC is a standard T designated 12 lead generator. Something like an 004A recon board might be easier packaged, it would not fit in the stock box.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, there are actually two different packing list for the maintenance truck. The ordnance (bomb disposal) version I don't think has a packing list. It was whatever was needed to do the job.

I will check and make sure the packing lists are 'Distro A' and if so will pass it to PATRACY to post in a sticky.

MatthewH

I got a packing list when I bought my M887. Came in a camo folder, with shipping doc and other paperwork. I'll see if I can scan them and try to post them

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there are actually two different packing list for the maintenance truck. The ordnance (bomb disposal) version I don't think has a packing list. It was whatever was needed to do the job.

I will check and make sure the packing lists are 'Distro A' and if so will pass it to PATRACY to post in a sticky.
It's been posted before, including the pictures/drawings of where things go (but you've been too busy with your Common Tool Set to think about it).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still digging for more. I missed the FM100 thread you did. Tried to link threads with good pics.

b4thundr

Great post!! I use this truck so much it's not even funny, from tools, torches,air, Fuel delivery , it's worth it's weight in gold A tractor needed fuel and help replacing the alternator. And the excavator needed batteries charged to get it going in the field but after trying to start it after finding out the filter had ice in it I just jump started it. Man 24volts comes in handy jumping a 24 system in a excavator.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doug, many of your posts inspire me. I'm trying to outfit mine with a purpose as you have done with yours. I call it the torch cart right now.

Keith_J

That huge vise on the tailgate of my SECM was just the thing to do a universal joint swap in the boy's 1009. He even provided the muscle, all I did was show him how.

he noticed noise when driving, it was not hard to find the bad one, it had run dry of grease and needle bearings were ground into dust.

K9Vic

I also made the list!!

Mine is just personal use mainly, but I do occasionally go out and help others. I have many tools and such in the truck to do road side repairs along with a basic 90amp welder. I do want to switch it over to all single phase one of these days, but works well for now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks