• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outside tire carrier ideas

zout

Good Thread

Not attemping to hijack here - the same delema is in question with the M109A3's.

My tire dealer has the product "Multi Seal" and they also have on their web site a video - also shows a 1/4 pick being driven into the tire and how immediate the leak is filled. Also shows militay units running over some very nasty objects and before the tire rotates 90 degree's the hole is filled and leak stopped.

But then again - what if something happend that you need the spare and did not have one - depending solely alone on this product (or similar) to save ya ??

Anyhow - good thread where your going to stick em

maynard83

I have just decided I do not need to look around for what I want to do any more. I just want this... All of it...

I saw this on the 5 Freeway a couple of weeks ago. It looked even better in person!
I just called T&J Performance and they are going to provide me with a quote for a Swing Away Tire & Fuel Can Carrier for my M1010.

Midnight Rider

I saw this on the 5 Freeway a couple of weeks ago. It looked even better in person!
I just called T&J Performance and they are going to provide me with a quote for a Swing Away Tire & Fuel Can Carrier for my M1010.
Let us know what that price is. I'm kinda of interested in it as well.

danny81

I got an idea about using the square tubing for the shackle, maybe use some square tubing that would slide inside of the existing shackle mount, or some tubing that would slide over it, It's the same principle as a reese hitch. then a simple hinge that would allow you to swing the carrier straight up or down where the tire carrier is parralell with the tail gate if you would ever need to ride with the gate down, I don't know what the clearance of the tire would be from the road with the carrier down, but you would always have the option of moving it to one of the shackle braces up front, only disadvantage to that would be the loss of one headlight or foward turn signal, the side marker would still be visible
This was just a thought that popped in my head, I can draw up some crude drawings if anyone might be interested. But this is definetly something I'm going to work on when i get back home in January

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks