• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

over loaded +soft ground =where's my tires

tm america

i was hualing some gravel last weekend went to turn around when the ground gave way under the left side left rears were almost all the way under .tried to winch out backwards crunched the bumper . then i went to winch out over the fence to a tree broke the cable .could even dump the load without tipping it on its side had to dropp the side to get most of it out then i dug the tires out fixed the cable and winched out took half a day to get it out

Attachments

crazyplowboy

Man that stinks, but you got it out and no one got hurt (except for your bumper and cable). I saw a dump truck go over on it's side last spring the same way.

tm america

thank god for drop sides bad part is i paid for two loads but didnt get back in time to get the second so i lost out on that too.i've been wanting to cut the center out of the bumper and put rollers so i dont mess my cable up when i.m winching cars up on my trailer now i just get to do it sooner than later:roll:

jatonka

Yeah, singles give you the easy track in snow and mud to go go go, when if you're gonna load it, singles are, no no no . JT I made that up all by myself.

tm america

no the tires i have are 47 inches tall and 16 inches wide they were completely under i had over forty thousand in the bed the duals wouldnt have even made it that far without blowing out trust me i had almost as much in there with the duals i hit a screw and blew three out cuz they couldnt handle the load the 9.00s are rated at 3500 per tire and the 15.5s are rated at 14500 per tire .

tm america

yes sir they are way under rated the gov also rated them to only tow 6000 a 6 cyl dakota has a tow rating of 5000 doesnt take much to see that they were way way under rated yes the post says over loaded i would say 20000 is more real world what would be the rating but they have to figure anyone that can climb in the door will end up driving these trucks so they have to protect themselves

IHASFIP

Over loaded is one thing and shouldn't be done on public roads, puttin' down the road at 4 miles an hour on some back ass county road that isn't steep or windy is another and you shouldn't have any problem with it. I agree these things are way under rated, especially with the much higher load capacity of the 15.5's. FROM THE SMALL PICS :) it looks like you sank like a rock.

D