• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over Qualified?

kurt802

Hi Everyone,

I have been waiting more than 45 days to get my EUC, blah, blah, blah :roll:

Been honorably discharged from ARNG with secret clearance. Held an FFL up to 2004.

Own a class 3 weapon and a concealed out of state carry permit. Lived in the same

house for over 10 years with the same phone number yet I can't buy a used truck from

the government :-x WTF

1qwkgoat

I"m at 42 days right now myself. Bottom line Battle Creek is slow, for the first time person. I don't think being active duty, retired or any form of other special permits makes a difference. I'm pretty sure the EUC's get put in a pile and the background checks get sent to what ever other agencies they get sent to. If they haven't lost your EUC if/when the check comes back. Then if the person running the computer at battle creek feels like working at that moment they will finish your EUC and send it back to GL.

Battle Creek is a sad sad example of the kind of places/agencies that run our government and our run by our government.

IE background check required to own a gun, matter of minutes with a defenative answer.

Background check to own a 30 year old truck that does 55mph. Average probably 30 days, in many cases never an answer recieved.

Last edited:

dk8019

Never have understood the delays, even the first time. My first truck cleared in 16 days, 2nd one took 20 days, we'll see on the third. Best of luck, and hang in there, it's worth the wait! :-D

1qwkgoat

I won the auction and paid for my truck Aug 6th. Summer time I was at the lake. Here it is fall now, No truck. If I get the EUC back it will be winter before I get my SF 97 back. Most likely even though I bought this truck in the summer I wont even be able to legally drive it this calendar year.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm........

3 times so far on GL and the EUC's all came back from BC in less than a week.
Well the first one went to BC late on Dec 24th, and was approved Monday Jan 5th.
the last two were just a few days.

dk8019

I actually just went through and average all my EUCs, for trailers, engines etc.

The current average is 7 working days, which I suppsoe is pretty quick! I'm guessing from time to time they get lost, or something unfortunate happens to them. :roll:

1qwkgoat

I actually just went through and average all my EUCs, for trailers, engines etc.

The current average is 7 working days, which I suppsoe is pretty quick! I'm guessing from time to time they get lost, or something unfortunate happens to them. :roll:

That would be the current average for non-first time EUC's. The best average I could figure for first time EUC's sent in this summer was 34 days. Which is pathetic.

On a side note I decided for the hell of it to check and I just got my EUC. 41 days. Good luck to all who are still waiting, and also to any of those still waiting I leanred a good deal about the EUC process so feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions

Last edited:

kurt802

Hello again everyone,
Still waiting on my EUC "Sent to Battle Creek on 8/5/09" I hope they don't cancel my sale before it clears. How long will GL let me wait before they cancel the sale? I'm concerned that I may not get the truck that has been paid for now almost two months.
7 weeks seems like an excessive amount of time to process my EUC.

kurt802

yes, it is my first EUC application for event #4487 Fort Drum, NY closed July 23, 2009
I used to go there for training when I was in the National Guard.

stampy

Mine have all been real fast...Ave 10 days the sf 97 about the same I don't have a lot of history to look through though...ie no FFL, military service... I will count myself lucky. I do tend to follow up early and bug them though.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks