• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overfilled my 1008 transmission

v8jeeptj

I overfilled my transmission by way to much. I have not driven it yet and plan to drain it down before I take it out to drive. Is there anything that need to replace or be worried about after the overfill? Will the modulator be fine?

Do I just drain it down to nomal level and then I am good to go?

JUNKYARDJOHN

It is overfilled quite a bit. Yes I did start it but no I did not drive it.
If you have a drain plug in your tran.s pan, just drain some out......If you don't... just take out the modulator.... it's only one bolt, but Prepair to get red.... seems like I always do. :) John

Matt65

If you have access to an oil extractor, like my Pella, you could pull it out the trans dipstick tube. This is how I do topside oil changes on the TDi. Very clean, and contained.

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

Or take a trans cooler line off the radeator either way just drain it back down and you will be fine over filling it will not hurt anything and if you did drive it may slip a little but not hurt anything like modulator or anything drain it back down check it with the engine running in park and no harm done! :driver:

Cryogen

Just get yourself a cheap siphon and siphon it out through the dipstick. I've done this before when I didn't want to drop the pan for a couple quarts.