• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overhauled titles

higgs

Hello,

Do the over hauled trucks have the new year on the titles or is the original manufacture date still used? I just won one that was over hauled in 2009 will the title state that or 1991 its original year.

Thank you,
higgs

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Terminology means everything, overhaul the original date. A rebuild will have the latter date---ie M35A1 being rebuilt as a M35A2.

Artisan

I kinda think the frame serial number and what the mfg says
about when it was pressed into service will dictate the model year.

If I rebuild my 1979 Jeep J10 and make it all new do you think
the DMV will give me a 2012 registration? NOPE! Same deal........

If they were to sell a 1962 truck as a 2012 just because it was overhauled,
I do believe they would be in serious trouble if there were an "incident".

Artisan

...and yes, I agree w/ Carnac, if they turn an M925A0 into an A1 they can re"name" it
but to the best of my knowledge they can not turn a frog into a prince.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...and yes, I agree w/ Carnac, if they turn an M925A0 into an A1 they can re"name" it
but to the best of my knowledge they can not turn a frog into a prince.
Look at the M35A3's. Made from A2's but are late 90's and newer. If the truck is just gone through it retains the original date.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you request the SF-97, you can enter the correct original build year. I have submitted requests with different years and VIN numbers to correct errors from the GL listing. Don't trust the sale listing to have the correct information - verify it on the vehicle with your own eyes.

higgs

Hello,

I will be getting the truck on Tuesday but from what I can see in the pictures tag by drivers door reads overhauled 11-09 with MWO numbers and one tag reads on the dash (below). Doesn't have original manufacture date anywhere.

VEHICLE SERIAL # XXXXXXX

REPAIRED IN ACCORDANCE WITH 5 TON PMP STANDARDS

CONTRACTOR - RRAD DATE 11-09

ODOMETER READIND AT TIME OF PMP

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you request the SF-97, you can enter the correct original build year. I have submitted requests with different years and VIN numbers to correct errors from the GL listing. Don't trust the sale listing to have the correct information - verify it on the vehicle with your own eyes.
I have done this also. One truck I bought didn't have the year listed so I had to do a little serial number review to determine the year. FYI, whatever you put on the SF-97 is what will be on the title (if GL provides a title in your state of residence).

Correct, get the serial number from the frame after you get it home.
Right, I had one truck that had no serial number listed and the number I thought was right was wrong. All I had to do was update my insurance co. I verified the number before submitting the SF-97. Remember, what you put on the SF-97 is what you will get.