• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overseas Buyer

ssdvc

Quick question. I have an inquiry from overseas about buying my 1009. Aside from other precautions I will take, is it legal to sell her to someone overseas. Citizen or non-citizen??

I'd prefer not to run afoul of the law.

Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends how you bought it. And how it was bought before you.

ssdvc

I bought it from a private party. It was titled in MD and I titled it in MD.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought it from a private party. It was titled in MD and I titled it in MD.
It depends on whether the original buyer signed a EUC , some were sold with them and some without . It seems it still the same way as a couple CUCV's recently sold on GP required EUC's .

ssdvc

How can I tell if there was an EUC? I don't know how many owners before me and I have owned her since 2011. The PO had a legit MD title and so do I.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a call to your local DOD guy?

ssdvc

I guess I could walk down to DRMO and ask if they could look it up? Don't know when it came out of the government.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would not be worth the risk to me. I want to keep my good record! I am sure you can find plenty of buyers in the US if you want to sell it. Whether you can find solid evidence of it or not I would not do it. They might miss it in looking for it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you advertising it?

Maybe your getting a scam offer.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not even consider it! I was darn near ripped off by an "out of country" buyer when my wife was selling her car. These guys sent a check from Chase bank that looked VERY real. We took it to our bank to have it checked out. The check was a fake! The scammer was going to have someone come by and pick up the car and ship it for buyer. We could have let this "deal" go through. We would have given away a car and a bad check to show for it.
Please listen to my warning. Don't have any more conversation with them. Don't give them your address. Take whatever information you have on them to your local police and let them investigate this. They may be able to tie them back to a local scammer and prosecute them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks