• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

overspray

KansasBobcat

I am going to write 100 times tonight in my Big Chief tablet " I will not get overspray on my windows ever again" Two or three widths of blue tape will not work. Got in a hurry ...wind was against me...excuses, excuses. Spent some time today with razor scraper on M1008. Will try some lacquer thinner tomorrow. The Gillespie paint really sticks!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I use Behr house paint and don't tape window off .
And the Behr holds up really really well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I painted my M887 (Gillespie 24052) I didn't tape any glass. 45 minutes and a half dozen blades later, it looked great!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least paint scrapes off... try forgetting to cover your glass windows and mirrors when grinding metal nearby! Serious humpf.

muddog

I used a SOS Brillo pad on the windshield of my Toyota when I got paint on it. Recommend by a friend who owns a body shop. Didn't scratch the glass at all, and took the paint off fast.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I painted my M887 (Gillespie 24052) I didn't tape any glass. 45 minutes and a half dozen blades later, it looked great!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always tape the glass when painting. Just habit. I know for military vehicles, if it looks too nice, it's not original, but that's what I get for starting out as a teenager with a bunch of muscle-car guys. When they repainted a car they wanted it to look SCHWEET....

Whiterabbit

We just used to grease the windows and lights, squirt everything that didn't run away then leave it up to the operator to clean up the mess. :-D
I'd wipe a spot off just big enough to see through to drive it into the holding lot. Wet paint and all!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a SOS Brillo pad on the windshield of my Toyota when I got paint on it. Recommend by a friend who owns a body shop. Didn't scratch the glass at all, and took the paint off fast.
"0000" Steel wool and a little lacquer thinner or mineral spirits makes glass look new again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks