• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Owner Survey---Fuel Additives

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use power service diesel kleen at recommended rates in summer and power service arctic formula in the winter time. The cetane boost is real and all my engines run quitter because of the added lubricity. They also start better in the winter time. It is good for the injectors too. Not only do I use these in my cucv's and M915 I use them in all my John Deere tractors. I believe all ULSD needs some lubrication additive in EVERY tank. I usually use a transport load of diesel on my farm a year. If my engines run smoother and quitter at recommended rpm and load I believe it would really help engines ran wide open for extended periods of time.

carter262

I have used TCW-3 2stroke, Stanadyne, Lucus, and Diesel Klean. I like the TCW-3 2stroke best. I took a 16 oz water bottle and keep it full in my 1009. Every fill up I dump a full bottle in. After running it for a while I feel that the engine runs quieter and smoother. Might be my imagination but seems too.

We run the Stanadyne in our Fire Trucks at work, but for my M1009 I like the 2 stroke a little better. Every once in awhile I will run some sea foam through a tank of fuel to remove any condensation.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whale oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks