• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P-40 Movie Replicas

Avn-Tech

Group,

About 6 months ago, I purchased 6 ea, P-40 movie replicas. The aircraft are full scale, non flying replicas. They were built to be straffed and then blown up for a movie that was never made.

Currently working with several museums, that would like them for display.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech
Too Many Projects and no time!

Attachments

BillIdaho

A guy in our club has a business that rebuilds real ones. He has a shop about a mile from me that has a handful of P-40's in it, along with a bunh of other old WW2 stuff.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of thise would look good in my driveway. I wonder If I could put a multifuel in it and use it as a daily driver?????

Good find.

ctmustang

I like to biuld and fly large scale ww1 &ww2 radio control fighters. wander if i could get enough electronics onboard one of these. LOL:razz: would look great just sitting in the backyard.

Avn-Tech

Bill,
I have not been to the shop you are talking about, but my dad found it when he was brining home one of my PT-19 projects.

Warthog,
With enough creativity anything is possable. (I used to work on A-10's).

CT Mustang,
The question is how much power would be required to make these fly. But yes you can fit lots of electronics in them. I get lots of attention form people flying into the airport who see them sitting there. (I used to have a 1969 Mach 1, until it was totaled in a rain storm)
Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

Avn-Tech

vtdeucedriver,

Nice N3N. I also prefer the N3n or Stearman to the PT-19, but I bought what I could afford at the time. I have been collecting parts for Stearman with hopes of one day building one.

I have also been following N3N's and Know where three N3N's sitting. I have been asking about them for years. Currently the owner is not willing to sell. Hopefully I will have money when he decides to sell, and add a couple of N3n's to the collection. (I don't know why I tend to have two of almost everything)

The BT-13's ar basically ex crop duster frames, and data plates. I have one set of wings and other misc parts. They are long range projects that I am collecting parts to build.

My first PT-19 started out as a frame in a farmers field. Over the last 7 years, I have located 90% of the parts I need to do a rebuild. My second PT-19, I purchased as a complete aircraft, with spare parts (to help with the first rebuild). My old partner from work (retired), is going to start rebuilding rebuilding center sections (I have 3) for me. (look on web page listed, under projects for photos of one PT-19 project)

My first L-5 (Ambulance) was also purchased as a frame only, and now I have almost everything except wings for the project. My second L-5 (Observer) was purchased as a complete project and is currently in rebuild. Currently A friend who went through Flight Engineer school has retired is is working on restoring the L-5. You can follow the progress on his web site at:

RICK’S HOME PAGE

The L-5 is currently on hold as we put max effort into the Yak-52, in hopes of flying this summer. We just ordered the ceconite to recover the flight controls (had original russian grade a Cloth). We are also adding elect trim the the elevator as we recover it. We need to replace the outer wing rib, vacume out the dirt from sitting and do an annual. Then comoplete the registration with the FAA and have fun flying.

Hopefully I will have my web page updated soon, I have over 10,000 aircraft manuals (WW I - current). I also have Lots of AR, FM's, TM's, AFI, Ect to list. As well as referance materials like, Cross & Cockade journeals, Air Classics, Lucky Bag, The Howitzer, The Polaris, PS Magazines, Ect. Once My web page is updated, I hope to add photos of my projects.

WWW.Aviation-Tech.com

I am also starting a new business, A.M.P. Props (Aviation, Military & Police Props). I will hopefully be getting a web page started for this business soon, listing all my military and police gear. This is how I got into MV's and this site.

A.M.P. Props is getting ready to start building a full scale F-22 Raptor. This Movie Raptor will be cappable of taxining at 10-15 MPH and have functioning afterburners.

Laterrrrrrr
avn-tech

vtdeucedriver

Any chance that you could get some info on those 3 N3N's??????? I am working on a registry and trying to account for all 816 built. If you really want one, I will keep you informed on any projects that come up. They are all out your way so you are lucky!!!! Keep on him, you dont want no stinkin stearman. I posted a pic of the BT-13 on your O-11B thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks