• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P-51 Crash in Dallas - 2/3/2016

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's going to leave a mark. Glad the pilot is OK, no post crash fire. Tail wheel is extended, that indicated the gear handle was selected to "down". Main gear may not have been "down and locked". -Or, the gear handle was selected "down" after all the screeching and banging stopped. I hate when that happens.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a 160 in flying condition is a little low. Glad the pilot is ok. I am sure the damage to the bird will buff out and if it doesn't, get some duck tape :grin:

FrankUSMC

There has been a 2nd P51 crash. This one near Phoenix. The P51 was sat up to carry two, the pilot and a passenger, neither survived the crash.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks