• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

cucvrus

Saturday April 22, 2017 Raucsh Creek

DSCF2729.jpgDSCF2728.jpgFirewood trailer all loaded up an ready to go. I hope I brought enough. I still have room on the roof rack. I was negligent and did not pick up my cribbing blocks for 2 weeks. I loaded it and drove down the railroad tracks and nothing fell off. Loaded and tested and I hit the road. Good Luck with your home sale. How many sets of mudflaps do I need to bring? 6 more days. Have a great week. This will be the first Saturday off for me this year.

Lukes_deuce

I might be out guys. Been trying to sell my home for 6 months and might need to meet the buyers for their home inspection on Saturday. Not set in stone yet but a strong possibility...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck with the house Chris. I am out for this one. Have the bed off and the back of the truck disassembled for the dump hoist install. Will definitely be at the fall rally
20170320_181315.jpg

cucvrus

Good luck with the house Chris. I am out for this one. Have the bed off and the back of the truck disassembled for the dump hoist install. Will definitely be at the fall rally
View attachment 675939
This is NOT the official spring 2017 event. This is for those that just want to go out wheeling. It may be a few people that post here but it is NOT the official event for spring 2017. That event has yet to be announced. Anyone that wants to wheel is welcome. Saturday April 22, 2017. No one is in charge of this event. Run what you bring and enjoy the day.

cucvrus

View attachment 675929View attachment 675928Firewood trailer all loaded up an ready to go. I hope I brought enough. I still have room on the roof rack. I was negligent and did not pick up my cribbing blocks for 2 weeks. I loaded it and drove down the railroad tracks and nothing fell off. Loaded and tested and I hit the road. Good Luck with your home sale. How many sets of mudflaps do I need to bring? 6 more days. Have a great week. This will be the first Saturday off for me this year.
NEWS FLASH: A burn ban is in effect for the entire Rausch Creek area. I have a load of cut wood on my trailer. I will be donating it to a 91 year old WWII veteran. No worries. I will NOT be bringing any WOOD and advise against anyone else doing so. The BURN BAN goes into effect at mid-night tonight. See you Saturday AM. I will be there Friday night for a while. Have a great day. See you at the Creek.

cucvrus

[h=4]DAY[/h]61°HIRealFeel® 61°Precipitation 25%

Cooler with more clouds than sun. (Saturday April 22, 2017 weather) It looks like tomorrow will be a good day for the off roading. The rain is falling now and will be brewing up a bit of mud. This is all good news. The burn ban is a bummer but one we can live with. Look forward to seeing some new faces/vehicles at the park in the AM. My number is 717 673-5395 if you should need any assistance or get there after we leave. We can come back in for you. Take care and have a safe trip. I greased and looked over Terminus M1009 very closely last night. We are ready to go. I even broke down and changed the bulging right rear tire.

cucvrus

We have a great day at Rausch Creek. We had 8 vehicles. ALL military vehicles. The weather was great. Very light sporadic rain. Never more then 5 minutes at a time. Everyone enjoyed the day. Not much in the way of carnage. Terminus M1009 suffered the wrath of trail riding. We were on a few RED and BLACK trails. I had 2 flat tires. Both were a result of rocks and dry rotted tires. No problem. I brought 2 spares along as always. The rear window in Terminus M1009 is shattered. It was a result of severe flex on a RED trail. It was bound to happen. The left rear latch released and that is all it took. I will be looking for a new rear glass. HINT?? I may just go with a HMMWV rear cover and attach it to the rear. That way I could put a pick up truck tail gate on the back. That would work. Well I have oddle's of pictures to post but I am currently having trouble getting them posted. I will work at it later. Thank you to all the guys and gals that showed up. It was a great event. This is by far the best one I attended. A complete day of wheeling and no problems. Thank you everyone. We are going to have to do this in the summer months again.

Another Ahab

We have a great day at Rausch Creek. We had 8 vehicles. ALL military vehicles. The weather was great. Very light sporadic rain. Never more then 5 minutes at a time. Everyone enjoyed the day. Not much in the way of carnage. Terminus M1009 suffered the wrath of trail riding. We were on a few RED and BLACK trails. I had 2 flat tires. Both were a result of rocks and dry rotted tires. No problem. I brought 2 spares along as always. The rear window in Terminus M1009 is shattered. It was a result of severe flex on a RED trail. It was bound to happen. The left rear latch released and that is all it took. I will be looking for a new rear glass. HINT?? I may just go with a HMMWV rear cover and attach it to the rear. That way I could put a pick up truck tail gate on the back. That would work. Well I have oddle's of pictures to post but I am currently having trouble getting them posted. I will work at it later. Thank you to all the guys and gals that showed up. It was a great event. This is by far the best one I attended. A complete day of wheeling and no problems. Thank you everyone. We are going to have to do this in the summer months again.
It's never really a party, until you at least bust out a window and break a couple of chairs! :naner::beer:

Yup we had blast. Sucks we couldn't find you guys after we stopped for lunch. We ran a bunch of trails on the north side. Alot green but a few black trails also. We hit up BFG hill. That was fun I got all the way up the top rocks and couldn't go anymore so broke out the winch again to pull me up over then Lucas got stuck at the same point so we winched him up over the top.

cucvrus

Saturday April 22, 2017 Raucsh Creek

DSCF2735 (1).jpgDSCF2739 (1).jpgDSCF2738 (1).jpgDSCF2737 (1).jpgDSCF2740 (1).jpgDSCF2733 (1).jpgDSCF2732 (1).jpgDSCF2736 (1).jpgDSCF2734 (1).jpgDSCF2741 (1).jpgSome of the stills that I took while out wheeling yesterday. I did a complete damage inspection on Terminus M1009. No fluid leaks (0). The rear drive shaft has both U joints bad, the back window as mentioned (gone), the steering stabilizer smashed and broken. And I am in need of 5 new tires. Maybe not new but better non dry rotted tires. These are the tires that came on the truck when it was in the scrap yard. Have a great day.

cucvrus

DSCF2754 (1).jpgDSCF2761 (1).jpgDSCF2759 (1).jpgDSCF2758 (1).jpgDSCF2757 (1).jpgDSCF2760 (1).jpgDSCF2755 (1).jpgDSCF2753 (1).jpgDSCF2756 (1).jpgFun Fun. Never got stuck. DSCF2762 (1).jpgNo need for a jack. Just drive the left side down in a ditch. Magically the right wheel went up and we were able to change the flat with 2 people standing on the left front bumper corner. That tire/wheel was in my barn for 20 years. it is an original tire from an M1009. It went out in style like a good tire. Died on a red/black trail.

cucvrus

DSCF2774 (1).jpgDSCF2775 (1).jpgDSCF2773 (1).jpgDSCF2776 (1).jpgDSCF2777 (1).jpgDSCF2778 (1).jpgDSCF2779 (1).jpgTowards the end of the day we went on tight trails that were to tight for anything but CUCV's It was fun and I am still impressed with the capability of the pure stock M1009. No lift, Stock 31 10.50 tires and with the stock 3:08 gears. But the best dressed for the occasion was Beetle. DSCF2745 (1).jpgMr Beetle wore his best green for the occasion. Thanks for looking. If you missed it maybe next time. We are thinking of a July outing again. I will post a new thread. Any dates for the official spring 2017 rally. And we made it the whole day. Even without a campfire.

Another Ahab

I think I read somewhere about that particular green beetle (or maybe one like it), that pound-for-pound it is the single-most aggressive predator on the planet. The Tiger Beetle, I think it's called?

It "don't" look like much but as I recall it's fast, and it chows down, BIG time. :jumpin:

Last edited:

cucvrus

Well what do you think of a summer 2017 run? I am game and most of the others seemed interested. Let us know what you think. And if you know of another place. Let us know that also. It was great. I liked the comradery. You guys really know how to have fun. Them 5 tons are a blast. we have a few videos and we are going to add music to them. I will post them up when we get done with it. Anytime you need something I might have give me a call. I will keep you in mind for some Duraplate when some comes up. Thank you.

cucvrus

imagesRausch Creek.jpgWhen ever I wheel my stock M1009 I think about these Hero's were doing in Europe with the little Jeep's. I had one of these Jeeps and it was fun. I can hardly imagine the work these guys went thru to get mobile. Wow. We are fortunate in todays world of off road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks